16

I severely apologise for how long it's taken me to write this. I had it all done and just had to add a few things and then it disappeared. That pissed me off and I gave up for a little while. Then I had a very stressful month and my mental health was not good at all. I did some things to myself that I shouldn't had. But I'm feeling much better now, school's started again and I am motivated to get some chapters out for you all. Thank you for waiting and for 93k reads!!

- - -

"The Vanishing Cabinet..." he trailed off staring into my eyes. It was like he was under a trance. His eyes were slightly glazed over and even though he was looking at me, it didn't feel right.

"Are you okay, Draco?" I softly asked him. He blinked rapidly and then he left. Confusion swirled around in my head, it quickly turned to concern. It had to be to do with my grandfather. I was determined to put a stop to him.

---

The next day.

"I need you to come to the Astronomy Tower at midnight tonight." Harry abruptly dragged me away from any listening ears. He looked desperate.

"Of course, but why?" I asked. His green eyes flickered over to Draco who was watching us quite intently. His pale skin was even more pale and his normally bright eyes were dull. His hair flopped over his face, there was no effort in his appearance anymore.

"Dumbledore needs to see you." I snapped my head back towards Harry.

"Why on Earth does Professor Dumbledore need to see me?" Harry shook his head.

"Beats me." And then he left me, confused. What was going on with Hogwarts lately? It seemed like everyone knew something except me. I looked over to where Draco was standing, but he was gone. I sighed. I needed some answers and it looked like I wasn't going to get them.

I tried to continue on with my day as normal. I hung around Anthony and tried to have fun, trying to push all thoughts of Draco out of my head. He wouldn't confide in me and on top of that, Harry was being super secretive. I guess I would just have to wait until midnight.

---

Midnight arrived and I prepared myself to head to the Astronomy Tower. Butterflies were churning around in my stomach. I was very nervous, and a bad feeling arose in my gut. I could sense that something bad was definitely about to happen, but I didn't know what.

"You made it." Harry said, giving me a quick hug. I smiled nervously at Professor Dumbledore and he gave me a kind smile.

"Now, my dear, you are here because you are very special. You have a certain gift." I looked at him, confused. I was never told about any gift. "You, my dear, are an emotional empath."

"Am I supposed to know what that is?" I looked at Harry but he just shrugged back.

"You can sense emotions at a much better rate and can even take on the emotions of others if they are strong enough without realising. I believe you can reflect this gift and bless others with your emotions. Give everyone a fighting chance..." He trailed off.

"A fighting chance, sir?" Harry asked.

Dumbledore shook his head. "Never you mind." The wind was cold as it blew against us. I drew my robe in tighter and waited for someone to say something. But I didn't have to. A person's footsteps caught our attention and Dumbledore ushered us away to hide. We hid under the staircase, able to see everything that was going on above us.

Dumbledore turned towards the intruder and I gasped silently as I saw Draco approach our Headmaster, wand positioned, ready to attack. I looked at Harry and he just looked back at me, sympathetic.

"Shut your eyes. Block everything out. I'll tell you when it's over." And I did. Because I pieced together everything that was about to happen. The crackle of Bellatrix's laugh and the multiple footsteps made me realise that this was his task. He was to kill one of the greatest wizards alive. My grandfather had made him do that.

"Avada Kedavra." Shape had uttered them. Not Draco. Snape. I pulled myself out of Harry's embrace to find Hogwarts' beloved Headmaster falling to his death. And then everything went black.

- - -

Sorry that this chapter was so short. I just needed to get it out of the way. The next chapter will come soon! I hope you're enjoying.