Chap 8

€£¥

That's it.

Next time we meet, it's over. I'm so heated that he wouldn't even respond to me. I'm not trying to hurt him so why does he keep hurting me?

I pinch the bridge of my nose and take a deep breath.

What if he doesn't care about me like I do about him? No, he helped me when I cut my hand. That has to count for something, right?

I wish I knew what his smile looked like.

Why is he always angry with me? I'm literally the lowest threat ever, I don't even know the first thing about how to throw a punch.

I groan and lean my head back against the wall of the diner.

This has to end.

€£¥

Exactly two weeks after the bench incident, I see him smoking by the dumpster in the alley.

I gulp and his body stiffens as he watches me from the doorway. I step down and shut the door behind me.

So far so good.

His eyebrows furrow as I take a step towards him, placing my keys in my bag.

My hands are clammy and I bite my lip, desperately trying to keep myself calm but he puffs out some smoke and turns to walk off.

"Don't you dare walk away from me again."

He freezes at my voice and I realize how menacing I sounded. I mentally pay myself on the back and watch as he turns around to face me.

He raises an eyebrow at me and I step forward.

"What's your problem, Miles? Why don't you ever want to stay with me? Do you not like me, huh, is that it?" I ask, hissing every question.

His lips form a snarl and I don't hesitate to step closer to him. I hit a nerve, but I don't care.

My body feels like jelly as I take him in. His cigarette hangs in between his fingers and his jeans grip him tightly. I notice how badass he looks and I'm instantly turned on.

Focus, Charlotte.

I let out a sigh before opening my mouth to speak again. "Can't you see that I'm attracted to you." I tell him in a low voice.

His eyes soften but are quickly covered up with him rolling them. I huff and take another step so that I'm an arms length away.

His heat engulfs me and I clutch my jacket to resist the urge to reach out to him. My fingers tap nervously against my body and I can feel my pulse increasing. His face remains blank and he hasn't spoken at all.

The anger boils inside of me and I throw my hands in the air dramatically, "Answer me, for Christ's sake, Miles."

He drops his cigarette and narrows his eyes at me. I open my mouth to confront him again but before I can, his hands grab my waist and I collide with his chest.

My hands grip his collar and we lock eyes. My body wants to melt into his. The electricity of our bodies combine and I can feel my breath hitch in my throat.

God, this feels so fucking good.

He opens his mouth and pauses for a moment.

Say something.

"You drive me insane."

And his lips crash onto mine.

€£¥

AHHHH YES IK IT HAPPENED

I've been waiting so long to post this chapter. I'm so happy for them! What do you think happens next? Thanks for everything!

The next chapter is hawt ;)