Chap 14 - END

€£¥

I let myself go over the diner one last time. All the memories, good and bad, flood my mind and I smile to myself.

I had a good run here.

I place my notepad and apron on the kitchen counter, not even bothering to clean up after myself. I sigh and grab my bag before heading towards the back door.

My eyes look around in the darkness one last time and I suddenly feel a wave of sadness over me. This diner was everything to me.

I would've never expected to leave so soon. I was so comfortable here. It was my second home.

Now I have Miles.

And with that last thought I step out into the alley and lock the door behind me.

I meet Miles in the front of the diner with Ethan, sitting on the bench across the street. Miles smiles at me and I squeal as I hug him.

"I take it you're excited?" He asks, chuckling.
I'm more than excited, this is a new chapter in my life. I'm leaving everything behind for the unknown.

I nod and Ethan rolls his eyes at us with a small grin on his lips.

"I can't believe you're even doing this. I didn't peg you as the adventure type." Ethan tells me.

Miles stiffens and takes a protective step forward. I place a hand on his arm to tame him and look at Ethan.

"I'm just full of surprises recently." I reply, trying to lighten the mood.

He laughs lightly and Miles clears his throat, signaling that it's time to head off.

I interlock our hands and his face relaxes when he looks down at me. My breath hitches as I stare up at him with admiration.

I've given up so much for this man but I don't regret it. I would do it over and over again, just to be with my Fury.

I bite my lip and he hungrily pulls me in for a long kiss. Now that we're actually together, we get to do this all the time. I'll never get used to it.

We pull apart and my lips tingle from the contact. He still manages to make me feel amazing every single time we kiss. I love it.

"I love you." He says, placing another kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too, Miles." I respond and squeeze his hand.

We continue walking down the street, with Ethan a few steps ahead of us leading the way. I'm not sure where we're going but I'd follow Miles to the ends of the earth if that means that I get to be with him. I know he'd do the same.

I glance back at the diner, which is almost out of sight and I don't feel sad anymore.

I trust Miles with this new part of my life, I know I should be scared but all I feel is excitement.

I turn back around and Miles wraps an arm around my shoulders, melting me into his side. I wrap my arms around his waist and let his smell engulf me.

I'm not worried about anything, I finally have Miles and that's what I'll focus on for now.

I don't know what I did to deserve such a great opportunity but I'll take it. I get to start a new life with my one true love.

What more could I ask for?

€£¥

How's it going loves!

This is it, this is the last chapter and the end of the story. Did you like the ending? I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I'm currently working on an epilogue that will be set one year in the future so stay tuned for that!

Thank y'all for everything! Best wishes :)