35. Powerful Ring

The morning was bright. I was sitting at my desk drawing in my book. It was something I like to do with my space-time. Also texting Cam. Of course. I started to think back to my dreams how they all stop all sudden. I was hoping for understanding what happened to me as a child. I could never ask my parents they wouldn't understand why I asked. I heard a knock on my door and walks in my mother.

"Mr. Blakely called and wondering if you wanted to go to the lunch with him and Zac also your Principal Rita." I stared at her. I looked at the time it was still early. "I mean-" "Come on Anastasia, I think having you and Zac there would be easy. I think you should go." I started to tap my pen. I started to think. I know Rita is a mermaid. "Sure thing mother." I smiled. She had a big smile on your face. "You'll have a good time. I will tell Mr. Blakely you'll be there. He would be happy." She said walking out and closing my door. I sighed.

I walked over me to closet and have to find something good for the lunch. That isn't to fancy but also don't look like slop. I think a nice black dress would be fine. I place the dress on my bed and picked out anything else that could go with it. I got dress in it. I looked in the mirror. I was hoping this would be okay for the lunch. 

I walked out of my room. "Anastasia where you going?" My father asked. Looking up at me removing his glasses. "Well I-" "Calm down sweetie she heading over to the cafe and grab something to eat and going to Zac's house for lunch aren't you?" Mother said.

I smiled and nodded. "Actually Zac's meeting me at the cafe and we will go to his house together." I smiled. "Okay be careful and make sure you show Principal Rita respect, young lady." I bow down moving my dress to the side. "Of course father." I bow back up. He smiled at me. "that's my wonderful daughter." I giggled before leaving.

I headed my way to cafe dress like I'm heading for a job. But I had to look my best for Zac's parents and even Rita even though she a mermaid. I'm guessing she knows I am too. "Hey, Anastasia, you look very nice today?" Cam said raising his eyebrow confused why I even look like this. "I'm having lunch with Zac's parents and with Rita," I stated. He nods his head. "Well, you look very beautiful." Cam smiled. Placing a kiss on my cheeks.

Cam and I walked in and Evie was showing off her ring that Zac gave her. "Nice move," Cam commented in Zac's ear. It was a nice ring. It was blue and very well made. I took Evie hand and smiled at it.

. . .

After Evie was showing off Zac gift to her. We headed outside for some drinks before Zac's lunch started at his house. Which I was nervous about. Only because Rita being a mermaid. I know there are a lot of things being said about me being a mermaid princess. I let it go because sooner or later It was going to drive me crazy thinking about it.

I saw the three mermaids walking up. I sighed to myself, this must be good for all three of them coming up at us. They wanted to talk to Zac about something. In some way, it's always about Zac. Is it because Mako made Zac into a merman or are they all just crazy about him. "Talk about what?" Zac asked.

"No biggie. Just a quick word." Lyla said. I could tell on Zac face he didn't want to hear it. I don't blame him. "Yeah, okay." "It's private." I gave her a look.

It's private I don't think anything is anymore. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm watching my besties back." Cam spits out. I wasn't going to either. Zac didn't say anything that Cam said. Making Lyla sit down. I rolled my eyes.

"That ring you gave Evie, It's dangerous," Lyla warned. I let out a small laugh. Of course, it is. "Dangerous?" Zac repeated. "It's so powerful, I can't even describe it," Lyla said. I crossed my arms. "If it's that dangerous than how come you're wearing one?" Zac mentions over at Sirena hand.

I noticed she was wearing one too. "I know what I'm doing," Sirena said. Is it some kind of magic power ring. "You have to get it off of her." Nixie points out.

Zac looks around. "I can't just ask Evie to give the ring back. She would want to know why?" Zac stated. It was true. Evie would be hurt if he took it away from her after just giving it to her. "Then you'll have to think of something," Lyla said I just laughed.

"You mean lie to her?" I asked placing my hands on the table. "has he done of enough of that." I tit my head to the side.

"We need to put it somewhere safe," Lyla said. I shook my head. "What do you mean 'we' you mean you mermaids?" Cam asked raising up in his seat. "It's a mermaid ring," Nixie stated. Of course, it is. "So Zac is just supposed to hand it over? and it will make you how much stronger than him next full moon?" Cam asked. "That's got nothing to do with it." Lyla snaps at him.

"So you say... but don't you exactly have a very good record of telling him the truth, do you?" Cam wasn't wrong all they do is lie. "Let me think about it," Zac says. "There nothing to think about. If Evie goes into the moonlight with that ring on, she'll be in real danger." Lyla warned.

Why is there always troubles when it comes to these mermaids. "And I'm going to decide how I'll handle it." I can see why Zac's wants to do it. Since he is asking his girlfriend a ring back. "Well, decide fast," Lyla said getting up and leaving.

"You're not gonna let them have it, are you?" Cam asked. "Course I'm not. But I do need to get it back off Evie." Zac replied. "Well, I don't see how," I stated. Zac had this look on his face. The same look he gets when he has an idea. "Oh, you have an idea don't you?" I asked. A little worried what it is. "Yeah," Zac answered. I whined a little knowing it wasn't gonna be a good one either.