36. Mermaid Lunch

Of course the idea is to have Cam and Evie join us to Zac's Lunch with his parents and with Rita. I didn't think this would end well. Standing in Zac's backyard while his father adds more plates. My father told me I had to some my respect so I will. Just Zac's plan will end with me going home and having my father angry at me for making this lunch such a mess. I don't know how things will go with me and Rita. I know just everything about her being a mermaid. Well everything that Zac told me. "Hey, Anastasia, how nice it is having a lunch double date." Evie said. I looked at her. "Double date?" I mumble to myself. I looking over at Cam. 

"Well, I'm very glad you change your mind on joining us." Blakely said to Zac. Was he not going to come? "That's cool, dad. I hope you don't mind me inviting Evie and Cam over." Zac said. I hope my father doesn't too. "No. No problem at all. I wanted to see how Anastasia and Cam are with their new relationship. And we always have to much food." Blakely said hitting Zac in the back with a pat. 

"Everything good to go?" Cam asked. Tapping Zac on the arm. "Yep. When my mom comes out, I get her to have a look at the ring." Zac replied. This isn't going to be pretty. "Perfect reasonable." Cam added. "Evie takes it off to show her." Zac said. "I distract everybody." Cam added. They were talking and finishing each other sentence. "And Zap and somehow the ring disappears." Zac said. Like this won't fail what so ever. Who says zap anymore these days. 

"Into your possession." Cam says. "Sweet." Zac added. I place my hand over my face. I know what's going happen. I seen Rita already here and she was looking at me. I figure this is the first time she really seen me since she found out I'm a mermaid. Reasonable. "And we've got some other guests here too." Ms Blakely said making me confused. I thought we we're all here? 

"Thanks, ms Blakely. So generous of you to invite us over for lunch. Isn't auntie Rita" I look and saw Sirena. Why are they here? they are going ruin everything. She looked like she didn't know either. This isn't some play game mermaids. This is a serious lunch. 

Rita pulled on a fake smile. "Indeed." Rita smiled. "You're very welcome." Ms Blakely said. After a while of Zac's parents get the food ready. Why are they here. I told my father I would show respect. I told my father I would behave. "We're still waiting on the bread rolls. How about we take our seats." Ms Blakey said. 

I walked over and took any seat away from the mermaids. Cam took the seat next to me and Rita took one on the other side. "Thanks again. Aunt Rita insisted we come." Nixie says. I place my hands between my legs. Something I do when I'm annoyed. 

"Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I've been flat out with things." Rita said. "Ah, I understand. And we're always happy to have Zac's friends over." Ms Blakely said. I saw Zac walk up to Lyla. "Seriously? Crashing my parents lunch." Zac knew this was a serious lunch. 

Mr Blakely poured everyone drinks. I stared across the table at Nixie. I was going hear about it when I get home about what happens here. And it won't be good. "Well, I'd just like to say how happy I am that everyone's here. Because we'd like to make an announcement." Mr Blakely smiled. 

I stared at him confused. "We know, through the school council, You've had trouble founding the new art room. So Robert and I and with the help of Anastasia parents would like to donate the necessary funds." Ms Blakely said. I didn't know my parents was doing this. Maybe that's why my mother wanted me to go in the first place. "That is fantastically generous." Rita smile. 

She seem happy about it. "Well, It was all Anastasia Idea, Since Both Robert and Jason practice are doing pretty well at the moment and so is my gallery along with Elle teaching at the school." Mr Blakely said. I just smiled a pretty fake one. I felt Zac hit Cam feet under the table. I stared at him. "Hey, mom. You're the art expert. You should check out the ring I got Evie. Would you mind?" Zac asked. 

"Sure, um-" Evie said getting the ring off to show Zac's mom like Zac's plan before the mermaids showed up. Evie went to pass it Zac. "Okay, I'll pass it." Lyla said trying grab at the ring. "It's okay I got it." Evie said backing her hand back from her.