15.

Alan's POV

I pulled up at Becca's house and parked, grabbing a couple boxes of Benji's stuff. He was about halfway moved in here and I was slowly bringing his stuff when I was able too. I was on the search for a new job and as of right now I was back working at a club overnight like I used to.

"Here's another few boxes," I said when Becca let me in.

"Benji told me you broke up with your boyfriend," She said as I set the boxes down.

"Benji didn't like him."

"Good, you don't need to be dating anything let alone a guy in front of our son."

"I can date who I want to date and I really liked him. I saw a future with him."

"I just don't think he needs to be exposed to you dating men."

"I've dated like three guys."

"Which you all broke up with when Benji said he didn't like them, even if he did."

I looked over at her, "What are you getting at here?"

"I'm saying that Benji doesn't like you dating guys."

"Which doesn't make sense. He always gets along with them and I'm always asking him if he likes them or not and he's always genuinely thought they were great, but Vic was his favorite and he loved him."

"That's not what he told me," she said. "He said that it made him feel weird that you were with guys."

"Did he now?" 

"He did."

"Benji, come here!" I shouted. I heard his little feet running down and soon he was in the room. "Do you feel weird knowing that I date men?"

Before he even thought about it he spoke, "Nope."

I looked at Becca then back to him, "Did you hate Mr. Vic?"

"No," He said quickly, "I mean yes. Well..."

"Well what?"

"Well Mama told me to say all those things," He said quietly looking down, clearly feeling ashamed. "I don't even wanna live here."

"And you don't have to live here either," I said glaring at Becca, "How could you?" 

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to have Benji around that kind of stuff."

"You're the worst," I said angrily. "You should be ashamed of yourself for making Benji do that."

"I wanna go home Daddy," The little boy said quietly.

"We will. Let's pack your stuff up and go."

"Thank you," he said and took my hand. "Can we see Mr. Vic?"

I shook my head, "No bud, let's get this stuff packed up."

Becca glared at me, "You can't do that."

"Yeah I can. I can do what I want right now. Get out of this room while him and I pack."

She stomped off and left me and Benji to pack up his room. It took us a good couple hours or so but we did it and everything was packed up in my car.

I held Benji close to me while I talked to Becca, "You get him on weekends and if he doesn't want to go he doesn't have to."

"Bye Mama," Benji said quietly as he waved. 

"Let's go," I said.

I buckled him up in the back before I got in and drove us home. As he and I were bringing things inside my phone started to ring. I looked at it and answered while I set a box down.