Earth Skills

I wake up on the stone cold floor of the drop ship. My back aches when I sit up. Man earth hurts. Climbing down the latter I see various people in the dropship, however not the one I was looking for. I walk out of the ship and run into my brother who looks like he had fun last night from the way his hair was ruffled.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy argues with Wells before putting on a shirt.

"Come on Bell even I know we need rules." He looks to me, his smile immediately fades. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" He nods and takes my arm pulling me over to the side so no one could hear our conversation.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I'm sorry for the way I acted. I do trust you and I want you to survive. I'm just really sorry." I stop talking when he gives me a big hug. I wrap my arms around him and hold him close. After we pull apart he forgives me. Suddenly we hear a girl scream and race over to see Murphy holding a girls head above a fire.

"Bellamy." He says proudly. "Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right?" I look at him with pure shock. "Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first."

Wells ran over to them and pushed Murphy to the ground. He then turns to my brother, "you can stop this."

"Stop this? I'm just getting started." Murphy comes up behind Wells and punches him across the face sending him hurtling towards the ground. The rest of the kids chant "fight" and the two boys do. Both boys get in some hits before Murphy picks Wells up and smashes him on his back. He punches Wells a couple times in the face before Wells gets on top and punches Murphy until he knocks him out for a second.

I am about to run over to see if he is okay when Bellamy stops me. "Demitria no."

"Don't you see you can control this?" Wells states. Murphy gets up off the ground, a feeling of relief flows throughout my veins.

He grabs his knife, "you're dead." Bell interjects and throws his knife on the ground for Wells stating that it had to be a fair fight. "Bellamy don't do this."

"Stay out of this please Demi." Did he just give me a nickname? Did he really think I would stop if he gave me one? Or did he actually think to give me one like he did with Octavia? Murphy swings his knife at Wells, once, twice and a third time before slicing Well's arm.

"This is for my father!" He yells, however in that moment he let down his guard allowing Wells to grab his arm and turn him around, his knife to Murphys throat.

"Drop it!"

"Wells! Let him go." He lets go of Murphy sending him to the ground. Murphy immediately gets back up ready to fight once more. Bell stops him stating that it was enough. I turn to see Clarke, Spacewalker, Monty and Octavia arrive back at camp. Octavia is limping as she walks, making Bellamy and I rush to her sides. Where was Jasper?

"Where's the food?" Bell asks.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Spacewalker states while taking a seat on a nearby tree stump.

"What the hell happened out there?"

"We were attacked." Clarke says. Wells asks what attacked them.

"Unless its not a what but a who." I state making everyones eyes turn to me. It was just a thought running through my head but I didn't know if it could be true or not.

"Exactly." Spacewalker agrees with me. "Turns out when the last man from the ground died on the ark, he wasn't the last Grounder."

Bellamy puts his arm around O while I hold her hand. "It's true. Everything we thought about the ground is wrong." I look to Murphy. He is bruised, beaten up. I stare at him for a while, disregarding everything and everyone around me. Soon he looks to me and I quickly avert my eyes. From the corner of my eye I can see him smirk.