The Calm

Two days ago the exodus ship crashed on Earth leaving no one alive. I prayed to god that Wick wasn't on that ship. Even if we weren't dating anymore I love him still. He gave me the gift to hear, and I will never forget that. Bellamy told me after they had returned that Clarke's mother was on the ship. I feel bad for her, but I have no idea what to say. For all my life I have hated my mom, because I was blind as Cyrus had told me. So what could I say as I have never loved her?

Raven is better than ever and is working on some landmines with the all famous chemist, Jasper Jordan. From what Raven has told me is that Finn hesitated to shoot the bomb on the bridge. However, he didn't hesitate when Clarke got ill and carried her into the ship. I've avoided Finn ever since. Us girls gotta stick together.

I walk out of the dropship to see Murphy walk into the smokehouse. Since he's been back Bellamy has pardoned him. It was my idea, and I am thankful he listened to me. But if Murphy steps out of line, Bellamy would send him back to the woods. I glance over to the wall and see Sterling standing guard. He notices me and smiles, to which I smile back. Things have been really good these last couple of days between us. He makes me happy and that is a good feeling. However, with Murphy being here I feel it makes him self - conscious, because I sometimes spend my time with him. I enjoy talking with Murphy though, and no one will ever take that from me. As for Octavia, I see her some nights sneaking off in the middle of the night to meet up with Lincoln. I just hope that she stays safe, even though I trust the two of them. Sometimes I wonder about Cyrus. I haven't seen him since he saved me and brought me back to camp. I miss his presence, but I fear that unlike O, I will be caught sneaking off.

Unexpectedly the smokehouse started on fire! "This is all your fault. We told you that there was too much wood." I hear Murphy states as I find my way in front of the crowd. Bellamy broke up the fight that was happening between Murphy and Del.

"Well, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia questioned. "That was all the food." I walk over to Octavia and place a hand on her shoulder.

Once the smokehouse finally burnt down people returned to their regular jobs. I walked over to Bellamy and Clarke only to catch a bit of what they were saying. "We have some wild onions and nuts in the dropship. Its only enough to last us maybe one or two weeks. What's left here?"

"Nothing, it all burned." Bellamy replied.

"Then we need to hunt." I state. Both turn around and stare at me.

"I agree with Demetria. Anyone we can spare."

"With the whole Grounder army out there?" Bellamy grips Clarkes arm before she is about to leave.

"Look we can't defend ourselves if we're starving."

"She's right. Without a proper protein source we will inevitably starve." I backed her up. Bellamy turned his gaze from Clarke to me and nodded before we all headed to the dropship.

"Each group takes someone with a gun, and they're for killing Grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo." Bellamy states as a bunch of the camp starts coming in for supplies. "Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can. Be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark." Everyone mumbles "got it" and continues to grab supplies and head out to hunt.

From the corner of my eyes I see Myles come up to Clarke and Finn. They must be hunting together. I try to follow them but Bellamy holds me back, "what do you think you're doing?"

"Going on the hunt."

"Are you crazy? Clarke said anyone we can spare, and I just got you back." I look into my brothers eyes and see the concern in them. I only nod. Bellamy then walks out of the dropship leaving me alone. I huff in annoyance and realize that I can do nothing here but sit and wait till they return. I hate being so utterly useless.

Making my way out of the dropship I see that Monroe and Sterling are busy at work, as well as Murphy, Raven and Monty. So I decided to head out to the waterfall that Murphy and I found. I had a steel knife made from the dropship to protect me if I saw any Grounders.

Once I finally got there, I sat and rested, taking in all the sounds and smells of nature. Suddenly I hear a twig crack. I swiftly move with my blade in my hand and tackle the person, pinning them down. Only then do I notice their blue eyes. "Tell me one good reason I shouldn't kill you for scaring me half to death Cyrus." I state placing the blade on his neck.

He then knocked the blade out of my hand and pinned me down. He chuckled as he took off his mask with his free hand as I struggled under his weight. "Forgot how much of a fighter you are." He tossed his mask to the side and used it to place it on his chin, "how'd you know it was me? Tell me what gave it away; the fact that you aren't dead being one?"

"That and your eyes."

"Well then, fancy what you see?" His accent was thick when he talked, but growing up deaf, I couldn't tell what nationality it was.

Cyrus just smirked whilst staring into my eyes. "Don't get me wrong, the whole woods, being alone, the sexy accent thing you got going on, what's not to like. But this whole situation that we got going on here needs to be guided elsewhere, hence get off me." I state firmly.

Cyrus does as he's told and offers his hand for help, which I accept. "I'm actually quite surprised you're out here all alone. You could've been killed."

"I can protect myself." I say while picking up my knife.

"With that wee little trickent?" he points to the blade.

"I took out you didn't I?"

"I let you. You see my clan and the others are trained for war at a young age. We can throw spears from vast distances, along with blades and axes. And we never miss our target. I could have killed you if I wanted to."

"But you didn't." I smiled.

"No, and do you want to know why?"

"You've told me already about your family Cyrus, that's why you saved me. But why come back if I don't need your help?"

"The fact is you do." He smirked and turned around to face the waterfall.

"Help me how?"

His gaze returned to me, "if you'll let me, I can make you a great warrior. You need not fear the woods, the dark, or even the Grounders by the time were done."

"Teach me your language too and we have a deal." I hold out my hand waiting to see if he takes it.

"You drive a tough bargain but fine we have a deal." Cyrus walked towards me and grasped my hand in his and shook it. He then stared at the sky for a minute then back to me. "Come on. We'll start training tomorrow seeing how it's getting dark and your friends will be worried."

I follow Cyrus back to camp. We make it there by nightfall and I see the rest of the kids come back from the hunt with some food. "I'll head in with them. Thank you for today, and I'll see you tomorrow at the waterfall."

"Goodnight Demetria." Cyrus smiled then walked back into the darkness.

Walking back into camp was easier than sneaking out. I saw that Bellamy had returned safe and sound and made my way over to Sterling. I hugged him from behind and rested my cheek on his shoulder. "Where have you been all day?"

"Out and about. Worried for my brother for the most part."

"Yeah. I don't think I could have gone, not with the Grounders being out there. To be honest I don't think I'm brave enough to."

"You're brave in different ways." I whisper.

"How?"

"Being brave doesn't mean you have to fight. It can also mean sticking up for what's right and staying true to what you believe." Sterling turned around and wrapped his arms around me.

"How is it that you always know what to say."

"I have no clue." I giggle. He laughs and pulls away from the hug and kisses me. After we pull apart he says goodnight and walks into the dropship. As I watch him walk away I notice Murphy staring at me. Right when I catch him, he immediately looks away and walks into the dropship after Sterling.

I can't help but feel somewhat guilty for my actions.

----------------------

finally another chapter! vote and comment pls!