Earth Kills (Part 2)

I've been sitting with Monty and Octavia for hours watching over Jasper while Monty is trying to get in contact with the Ark. Suddenly everyone comes hurtling into the dropship coughing their asses off. They began closing all the openings to the ship.
"What's going on?" Monty questions.
"Air got thick, everybody's skin started burning." One girl states.
Octavia and I share a look, "Monty Our brother's out there."
"He'll be fine. We'll all be fine."
I stand up, "Okay we can't have this many people up here when Jasper is sick. Everyone down stairs. Now!"
"Who made you in charge?" A cocky boy asks.
"Three people, want me to give you their names?" He nods while smirking. This guy is going to regret saying anything. I take a few steps towards him so we are only inches apart. "Me." I state while I punch his face. "Myself." I throw another punch. "And I." one last punch sends him to the ground. "Anyone else got a problem with going downstairs. Everyone remains silent. "Then go! And take him with you." I point to the guy who's past out right now. It takes a while but everyone except Octavia and I go down.
"Told you, you aren't useless." I laugh.
"I didn't think I had it in me."
"By the look on everyone's faces, neither did they. I'm proud of you."
"Thanks." 

---

Its been hours since everyone came into the ship. Jasper continues to moan. Octavia just takes his head in her lap brushes her hands through his hair. Bellamy gave him till tomorrow to live if Clarke can't save him. It's not right to end his life, but it is right to end his suffering.
I climb down the ladder and tell Monty to go get some sleep upstairs. Monty has been trying all day to get in contact with the Ark but he still can't crack the code. I know he will though. Kyle Wick taught him everything he could before Monty got locked up.
Everyone down here is complaining about Jasper. I realize the noise can be bothersome but the kids in pain. "Can't take this much longer." A boy says.
"Someone needs to shut that kid up." I look at the people disgusted by their attitude. I see Murphy sit up in his hammock. I shake my head. I know what's running through his head and I will not let him kill Jasper, I will not let him become a murderer.
"That's it. I'm ending this." He states. I stay put ready for his next move.
"I heard Bellamy gave him till tomorrow." One of the girls inform Murphy.
"Yeah we'll Bellamy isn't here, is he? The kid's dying anyway. I'm just getting it over with." He starts walking towards the ladder, but I get there first. "Move Demetria."
"No." I whisper so only he can hear. "Murphys going to kill Jasper!" I yell. Murphy then pushes me to the side and climbs up the ladder. However Monty and Octavia must have locked it from the other side. I smile.
"Both of you better open up the hatch right now!"
"Murphy let it go!" I scream. Everybody's awake now.
He climbs down the ladder, "why would you do that?! Even you said he's gonna die."
"Everyone go back to sleep!" I yell and everyone listens. I then look into Murphys eyes, which are full of anger and betrayal. "I couldn't let you become a murderer." I state. He just stares at me until he heads off to his hammock.

---

The next day flew by fast. I told everyone what to do in order to make sure we keep people alive by building walls around the camp. That way we'll at least defend ourselves from the grounders. Bellamy and Clarke still aren't back yet, and with Jasper getting worse I fear we might have to kill him.
It grows dark soon enough and we start a bonfire. The camp continues to work. "Hey everyone they're back!" A guy yells. I look to the gate and see Clarke and Finn head to the dropship. I see Wells and Bellamy discuss something before Wells heads off to god knows where. Octavia comes out of the dropship onl to be stopped by Clarke. Clarke tells her to come with her and help with Jasper but O pushes her away and walks over to where Bell is.
"Octavia, just stay there. please , stay back." I hurry to where they are and come up beside Octavia.
"Bell stop." She says and pushes past him and over to where a body was. Someone must have died when exposed to the toxic fog. She lifts the jacket from the kids face. Its Atom.
"Oh my God." I put my hand over my mouth.
"There's nothing I could do." Bellamy attempts to explain.
"Don't." O puts her hand up, I can see the tears flowing from her eyes in the firelight. She puts the jacket back on Atoms face and runs back into the dropship.
Bellamy looks at me, pleading with his eyes that I believe his story. "There was nothing I could do." I nod and give him a hug. I feel a few tears on my neck but thats okay.
"It's okay Bell. I believe you. I'll go talk to her." I whisper. I pull away from the hug and wipe the tears from his face and head off into the dropship. I don't however go see my sister instead I turn up my hearing aid.
"Lose anyone here?" Bell asks.
"No." Murphy answers.
"Jasper?"
"Still breathing. Barely. I tried to take him out, but your Psycho little sisters---"
"My what? My what?" I look out of the dropship door to see Murphy in Bellamy's grasp. I walk back out and stay in the shadows.
"Your little sisters." Murphy corrects himself then pushes him off Bellamy.
"That's right. My little sisters. Got anything else you want to say about them?" In that moment Murphy lost some respect my brother had for him.
"Nothing. Sorry." 
With that Bellamy walks away telling a couple people to carry Atom to the graves. Murphy then chucks his knife, to my astonishment it actually plants itself in a tree.
"Nice throw psycho." I state from behind him.
He turns around, glances at me before looking down, "you heard that?"
"I hear everything." I walk up to him and turn him around. I pull him along a little until we're in view of the knife. I step up on the small tree stump, that's probably a couple inches tall, and lean on his shoulders. "I really did mean nice shot by the way. It actually is in a tree."
He looks up from the ground. "Where?" I point to where the knife is located. "How can you even see that far?"
I lean in, one of my hands on each of his shoulders, my mouth close to his ear. "Because every other sense in my body is heightened." I whisper seductively having fun with him. I can feel his body tremble but he doesn't move away. "My sense of sight, smell," I move my mouth closer to his ear so it's just grazing it, "touch." He shivers making me smile. I move away from him.
He turns around and faces me. I look into his bright blue orbs and see pain and destruction. But I also see hope. I move a piece of hair from his face. "Thank you for saving me."
"Goodnight John." I smile. I start to walk back to the ship.
"Night Demetri." I stop and smile.
"Now that's a nickname I can get used to. Also I'm taking your hammock again!"
"Like hell you are! If I find you sleeping in it i'll throw you off."
"Yeah right."