ꫂ five

"Can I skip the day?"

That was Donghyuck's sole purpose as to why he called his CEO at an ungodly hour of five in morning before he decided to prepare for the day. He wanted to have at least a day off, planning to connect with the child and hopefully start processing the legal papers that Chenle had been bugging him about.

To his surprise, Mark actually agreed with him having a day off.

The catch? Finish his job.

"Lee Donghyuck, contact Mr. Kim and remind him about our meeting later."

"Lee Donghyuck, were you able to arrange our set up plan for this advertisement?"

"Lee Donghyuck, send me the list of staff that would go with us on this certain date."

"Lee Donghyuck, this... Lee Donghyuck, that."

His schedule was packed. Any employee would complain that their time is being abused. Donghyuck had every right to throw tantrums and have the urge to cuss their boss out.

But what did he do? Fawn over at the fact that his name sounds so perfect whenever it's Mark Lee that's calling him.

People would call him crazy. He, as a matter of fact, is.

"No. Snap out of it." Donghyuck gave himself a light slap on his cheek, getting out of the elevator upon reaching a specific floor. It didn't take him a second later to go back to daydreaming. "Lee Donghyuck. He even used his surname to call me."

He might have forgotten that he is also a Lee himself. His only biggest supporter is himself.

"No! This is too much." He wasn't talking about his delusions, he was talking about how his supervisor was ordering him around even in things that's not part of his field to take care of.

Is it going to rain later? How the hell should Donghyuck know about that? The CEO also asked him to check if his car was parked on the same spot in the parking lot. He was also asked to pick up his clothes from the public laundry express. The most tiring task he was given just for this morning was walking around the building, corner by corner, door to door, from one office to another— checking the attendance of each employee. This was uncalled for, Donghyuck had to admit. In the lobby, they had their IDs to register their names for the day's work.

At this point, it's obvious that Mark was purposely doing this just because he was called early in the morning by his secretary, asking for a day off.

"What are you guys doing?" Finding a spare time, Donghyuck paid a visit to the usual department where most of his friends are at. It was also where he left the kid while he ran around the office for errands.