ꫂ one

notes;
— child neglection

notes;— child neglection

"You... What?!"

Donghyuck pulled his phone away from his ear the moment he knew his friend would react with a scream. Not wanting to risk his ear drums for a scold, he put the call on speaker instead. "Le, calm down."

Placing the phone on top of the kitchen counter, he went to the living room to check up on the kid that's quietly sitting on the sofa, watching a Disney movie that Donghyuck picked. A smile made its way to his face upon seeing that the child seemed invested on the flat screen, obediently watching the movie.

After making sure that he was alright, Donghyuck went back to attend the phone call he's having with the person he just was on a call with in coming home from work.

"Calm down? Calm the fuck down?!" Chenle was, indeed, definitely not calm about it. "We were just talking about adopting a kid, and now you literally have one in your apartment!"

"He was crying, Chenle. What am I supposed to do?" Donghyuck's conscience wouldn't let him leave the child alone.

"Go to the police station and report a case?" Logical solutions were immediately given by Chenle. "Hand him over to the Child Protective Services! Or better yet, ask him about his parents!"

"Hey, I still have a brain with me. Of course, I asked him about that before bringing him in!" Donghyuck argued back, quite offended that his friend thought he wouldn't be able to think of that.

"What did the kid say?" Stress was evident on Chenle's voice.

"He sounded scared talking about his mother. He mentioned about... Leaving? Being left? Also hitting." Remembering the conversation he had with the child outside his apartment made Donghyuck glare into space, pissed off at the possible abuse the kid went through to be that traumatized. "He still couldn't talk well, but he was crying while telling me about it! That should be enough to assume that he's being treated badly."

"What the fuck?" Chenle had to first react to the kid's situation before reacting to his friend taking a big responsibility. "What the fuck?!"

"Ahh, Chenle." Donghyuck rubbed temples, pissed at how loud the voice on the phone was ringing in his ear. "Can you give the phone to Jisung? I'll ask for his help instead."

"Jisung wouldn't know a shit or two about this, Hyuck." The idea of his husband being an option to talk about this serious matter made Chenle roll his eyes.

"Then stop screaming for God's sake!" Donghyuck told him off. "If I won't be able to hear Mark's contagious laugh anymore, it's on sight."

"The child, Donghyuck. The child!" Chenle had to remind him about their topic before they stray off to talking about his CEO. "Even in a situation like this, you're still thinking about your boss."