Chapter39

I look around the abandoned airport station. Derek is fighting with Kali, Scott with Aiden, Isaac with Ethan, me with Duke. I block a punch from Duke as I scan over my pack, Scott tumbles forward after the twin swings a left hook at him, Issac plummets towards the ground as Ethan kicks at his ribs, and Derek has his hands full. We're losing.

It was sure luck that Allison chose that moment to shoot her arrows. A few white lights later, each one of us is free of the Alphas hold. But that does not stop the leader, he rushes towards me and slashes at my leg, I cry out and lunge at him full force, sending us closer to the edge. 

"Candice!" I hear someone scream my name, but I'm a bit preoccupied to ask what.

Duke bites into my calf, but its not nearly as bad as all of the other things I've experienced. I push him to the ground,

"Any one ever tell you that you bite like a pup?" He snarls and throws me off of him. I land with a sickening crack as my head connects to the cement. Bastard! I leap forward and tear at his shoulder, ripping through his flesh. We continue to fight, and by the time we realize where we are, its too late. We both are already toppling over the side of the floor and free fall into the dark unknown. 

-//-

Comment vote ideas

Sorry!! School got in the way lol.