Prologue

It was night. Y/N was at her couch, watching TV. Her warm blanket covered her knees. She lived with her best friend, F/N. F/N was out. Luckily, it was not too dark yet. Y/N and F/N both met when they were little. They became later best friends. Together, they graduated from school. They both are 18 years old now. F/N goes out to the library every time about the legends and history. Y/N likes to read about the legends and history too. But sometimes she likes to stay home.

Y/N was watching her favorite show until F/N comes running inside. She closed the door and locked it immediately. Y/N was worried when she saw her best friend looking panicked and scared. She stands up fast from her couch and went to her worried.

"Are you ok?! What happened?!" Y/N asked worriedly. Y/N waited for an answer.

"When I was walking home, I saw a shadow figure. A strange one. The shadow figure was a form of a demon," F/N explained scared.

Y/N was shocked. Did she saw a shadow figure of a demon? What was the demon doing? She believed F/N. But she was wondering what the demon was doing out in the dark.

"Do you know anything? Like what the demon was doing in the dark? Do you know the story?"

"No, I see that demon for the first time. I read in a book when someone sees the shadowy figure of the demon, the person needs to run fast home. The book says that when the demon is out at night, he will look for preys and hurt them to feel his pain," F/N explained scared

"Let's go tomorrow to the library. We need to find more information about the demon that you saw," Y/N explained to F/N.

F/N nodded. She was still shaking.

"I wonder why the demon wants people to feel his pain. So it means he has a sad and dark past," Y/N said.

F/N just nodded.

"Let's go to sleep. You will be calm tomorrow if you rest."

F/N nodded again while Y/N brought her upstairs by putting her arm around F/N shoulder. Together they put their night suits on. They went into their beds and later they fell asleep.