Chapter S e v e n

- James POV -

The kiss didn't last long because, I had stopped it right when it was going to get good. I pulled away and Aleks looked at me. Why did he had to look at me with those soft eyes and practically stare into my soul? I think he realized that we couldn't do this because his soft eyes grew sad and he stood up. He nodded and crossed his arms over his chest. 

"I...get it, James." He looked over at me and smiled a little bit. "I get it. It's fine." I don't think he did get it. 

"Aleks, it's not that I don't want to, cause trust me, I do. It's just too soon. You're still hurt about Eddie.  I don't want to just be a back up plan because, that's what I was right there. You thought that since I like you, you can use me to move on with Eddie. Aleks, I'm sure you're confused right now...you don't really like me. I mean, come on. Eddie to me? I don't think so." I said honestly, as I sat up and looked over at him. To be honest, I really, really wanted him to tell me that I was wrong. That he did like me and that he wasn't just using me. But that's not what happened. 

I heard him sigh and I looked down at my lap. "James, you're right. I...I'm not fully over Eddie. I still love him. So...maybe I am using you as a back up plan. I'm really, really sorry...I just.." He shrugged his shoulders as I stood up. He didn't exactly say he used me but he said maybe he did. Which was a giant knife through the heart. I looked down at him, and faked a smile.

"Don't worry about it. I'm tired, I'm going to bed. You can continue watcing movies if you want. I'm going upstairs." I told him as I turned away and started walking up the stairs and to my bedroom. As I climbed into my bed, I pulled the covers over myself. I didn't bother taking my clothes off or anything. I snuggled close to my pillow and gripped the casing. "I wish I didn't love him." I grumbled lowly to myself as I squeezed my eyes shut. I wanted to sleep and not think about Aleks. 

-  Aleks POV -

"Aleks, it's not that I don't want to, cause trust me, I do. It's just too soon. You're still hurt about Eddie. I don't want to just be a back up plan because that's what I was right there. You thought that since I like you, you can use me to move on with Eddie. Aleks, I'm sure you're confused right now...You don't really like me. I mean, come on. Eddie to me? I don't think so." 

Did he really just say that to me? Did he really just fucking say that to me? It hurt my feelings and pissed me off. James has no idea what I'm feeling. Sure, I still like Eddie but he's in the past. I like James, I really, honestly do. He makes me happy and he's always there for me. The fact he thinks I would use him...wow. I'm not that low. Sadly, he pissed me off enough to make me lie. 

 "James, you're right. I...I'm not fully over Eddie. I still love him. So...maybe I am using you as a back up plan. I'm really, really sorry...I just.." With that, James stood up and told me to not worry about it and that he was tried and going to bed. He said I was more than welcome to watch the movies if I wanted. Then, he left me on the couch as he walked upstairs. 

I got this really bad feeling in my stomach as I watched him walk away. I frowned. Maybe I shouldn't of lied. He shouldn't of said that to me though. Like, what the fuck? He made me feel so low right there. I think I made him feel low too. I was left in the darkness of the downstairs as the credits started rolling from the movie. I sighed as I turned it back onto regular television. I flipped it on the news. I laid down and sighed. I really hoped I didn't hurt James too bad.