Chapter F i f t e e n

- Aleks POV -

I tapped my thumbs against my desk as I stared at my computer screen. It's been a week since I've seen Eddie. I've heard the guys talk about him in the office and how he's here when neither James or myself is here. I guess he'd rather not show his face to us. Which is probably best. I know James wanted to punch him right in the face but I really didn't want him to do that. Sure, Eddie scared the shit out of me and pissed me off but...violence wasn't the answer. 

"Aleksandr?" A voice rang out from the other side of my door. I turned around in my chair as I heard the click and the door swing open. Jordan was standing in my door way and he looked upset. "I heard what happened with Eddie and you. I'm sorry but you both need to work this out. We can't have you two not being able to work together. He's in the stream room and I'd appreciate it if you'd go out there and talk to him..." He smiled at me and I just sighed.

"I'm just going to go off on him, Jordan. But sure." I stood up from my chair as him and I walked down the hallway. I entered the stream room and Jordan stayed back. Eddie was sitting at James desk, searching through his things. I don't think he noticed me but I slammed the door shut, getting his attention as he whipped around.

"Immortal, hey." He grinned at me as he shut the pages he was looking. "I was just searchi--" I cut him off by raising my hand up.

"Shut the fuck up, Eddie." I said as I walked over and sat in my own chair that was next to James. I looked at him as he seemed a little shocked.

"Innocent Aleksandr is not so innocent." He giggled as I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my chair.

"Look, we are not friends, Eddie. We are not lovers. We are just acquaintances. I have to be in the same office as you and we work in the same group. I'm willing to pretend I still like you but that's it. I'm not going to go through this shit with you again. We need to be able to cooperate with each other at work." I explained as he frowned a little bit.

"What if I prove myself to you? Can we be friends then?"

"Eddie, just fucking accept this. It's all I'm giving you. I'm not going to talk about the future with you." He looked down at his feet then back at me. He grinned a little bit. "What?" 

"I'll talk to James then. I'm sure he's willing to be friends with me and talk about a future with me." He sounded like he was up to something but I knew James would be able to handle himself. Eddie stood up and walked out the door. Probably to find James or something. 

I heard the door open again and I looked over to see Jordan. He nodded. "I get why you said what you did. I don't care, well I do but at the same time I don't, if you and him are friends. I just need you to be able to work together in this office. If that isn't acceptable, you both are out." His words stung but I was going to try like hell to work with Eddie and not get caught up in his bullshit again.

- James POV -

I was laughing in the kitchen with Seamus. We were talking about old time with our minecraft videos. We also talked about the recent School of Parkour that we had done. 

"I enjoyed all the encouragement I got from you." He complimented me as I grinned. I'm sure my dimples showed through.

"Hah, well, I know you were a little iffy. We needed to bring it back to old school." I told him as I took a sip of my Mountain Dew. Seamus stepped closer to me and leaned against the counter. His face grew serious as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"I really do mean it, James. Thank you for giving me the encouragement and support lately. You really are my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without you, James." Damn, it's been awhile since Seamus has gone soft on me. The last time he did was when he had confessed he loved me and kissed me. That was way before I met Aleks. At the time, I liked Seamus too but I couldn't. I had too many problems coming up and by the time they were gone, Aleks was introduced into my life. 

"You're welcome, Sea. I'm glad I'm able to help you out so much." Before I knew it Seamus was leaning in. I found myself stuck in place as he was starting to close his eyes. His face was just inches away from mine but thankfully, I backed away. "I..uh.." My voice trailed off as I scratched my beard. Seamus face turned red as he pointed towards the door. 

"I'll just...I'll go." He said as he walked out the room and I sighed to myself, running my fingers through my hair. I actually wished Seamus would've stayed because Eddie entered the room after he left. 

"James," He started and I groaned, sitting down at the table and laying my head on the table.

"I want to punch you so hard, Eddie." I mumbled to myself but I knew he heard me by the cough he did. 

"I understand that but I'd like for you to explain something to me." He said as I heard the chair being scooted out. I looked up to see him across from me. "What the fuck does Aleks see in you? You think you're so funny and so great but really, you're a bastard. I know what you did to Seamus. You left him behind for Aleks." I narrowed my eyes as I balled my fists up. I would've warned Eddie to stop talking but I wanted to punch him so badly. "Aleks thinks you're this great person who won't ever leave but that's not true, is it? You're going to leave him behind eventually. You'll break his heart in two and you want to know who will be there to patch him back up that time?" He better not say it. "I will be." 

I snapped.

I stood up and drew my fist back and then I punched Eddie down. The sound of the wooden chair hitting the ground echoed through the kitchen. I heard foot steps racing towards us but I couldn't tell. I was on top of Eddie and I hit him in the face again. I grabbed his jacket as I pulled his face close to mine. His face was bloody and already starting to swell in some places. He was weak and his glasses were off of his eyes. He was looking at me though.

"You son of a bitch." I whispered to him as he let his arms lay on the cold tile. "You don't know anything. You have no idea why I left Seamus. I won't ever break Aleks. Not on purpose. I'm not going to end up like you, Eddie. You are a broken boy who deserves to be cut deep. You expect everyone to pity you but guess what? Nobody pity's you. You deserve to be hurt and you deserve to have the living shit beat out of you. I hate you with a passion but for work purposes I will pretend to like you." I dropped him, letting his back hit the tile once again. "But if you start talking like you just did, expect yourself to black out then wake up on the floor." I stood up and looked up at the peers who were staring at me.

Aleks was standing behind Seamus who was beside Jordan. Jordan didn't look happy and Seamus was smiling at me. Aleks seemed confused. I walked passed the two boys and gripped Aleks wrist as I dragged him to his office. 

"James, what the fuck just happened?"

"Eddie was talkin' shit. I told you, Aleksandr, I'm not going to deal with his bullshit. I'm done."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Want to explain what happened between you and Seamus?"

I had to tell him now. I wasn't about to lie to Aleks either. The only thing was, is would he think I still had a thing with Seamus? Would he be upset I hadn't told him sooner? I guess I'd just have to find out...