mark blackthorn : jealous

"Lovely dawn (Y/N)." Said a familiarly poetic voice that entered the library. "You as well Emma." Addressing both girls as they scoured the shelves for a book.

(Y/N) shivered at the voice. It belonged to the half fearie, half shadowhunters Mark Blackthorn. One eye was green and the other was gold, a beautiful combination really. He was different, maybe it was after living with the Wild Hunt for all that time or maybe it was just who he was but Mark was different. His striking blonde hair was pushed back behind his pointed fearie ears but he was dressed in black jeans and a navy blue shirt, the collar of another peeking from beneath  the blue one.

She chuckled, looking down at Mark from where she was on the ladder. "Good Morning Mark." She loved the way that he spoke, like his lines were pulled straight out of a Shakespearean play.

"Hi Mark." Emma echoed, dropping to the ground to greet the eldest Blackthorn. (Y/N) remembered when they kids, how much of a crush that Emma had on Mark. That thought now made her insides turn.

Mark flashed a smile at Emma, "What are you beautiful ladies up to this fine morning?" He asked, reaching out to run a hand across the frame of Emma's face. His fingers catching lose strands of her golden hair between them.

(Y/N) huffed, making her way down the ladder with an eye roll. "We're looking for a book on Demons, trying to find a more efficient way to kill the ones you guys saw at the Convergence point." She interrupted, breaking the eye contact that Mark and Emma shared.

Emma cleared her throat, "Right, the book." She said, shaking her head and walking towards another book shelf.

Mark leaned against the ladder, "We were pretty great together." He told Emma with a wink, his arms crossed over his chest and a flirtatious smile on his lips.

(Y/N) slammed the book she had been looking through shut, making both Emma and Mark jump. She didn't say anything to either of them before she stormed out of the room, her hands swinging at her sides in fists.

She couldn't handle it, watching Emma and Mark flirt. She knew it didn't mean anything to Mark, Fearies would flirt with anyone in anyway and held no real weight in physical relationship. But that didn't stop (Y/N) from feeling like punching her hand through the wall.

(Y/N) liked Mark, and she was pretty sure that he liked her too, or so she had thought. He had spent hours in her room, watching her read and study, his eyes locked on her while she got lost in a completely different world. There had even been a night, when he had first arrived, that Mark had slept in her room. The two had cuddled all night long, him telling her stories of when he was in the Hunt. How could she not think that he was interested in her?

(Y/N) slammed the door to her room, not caring that everyone had surely heard her. Truth be told, she had no reason to be angry. It wasn't like she and Mark were together, she was interested in him.

There was a soft knock at the door, (Y/N) was sure it was Emma. She was probably trying to find out what was bugging her, but the last person (Y/N) wanted to talk to was Emma right now.

"Look Em I'm really not-" When (Y/N) opened the door it wasn't Emma. "Mark, um, hi." She said awkwardly, stepping aside as he entered the room. (Y/N) stood corrected, Mark was the last person she wanted to talk to.

Mark stood in her room, eyes wondering across the paintings in her room. Julian had painted them year ago, it was the skyline of her home town and another of her favorite piece of art work. Mark felt his chest tighten at the idea of Julian in (Y/N)'s room, they two of them laughing and touching. It made his skin crawl.

"It has been brought to my attention that I may have done something to upset you," Mark said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Which I would like to apologize for." He told her, trying to rack his brain as to why she was upset with him.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes, "Do you know what you're apologizing for?" She asked, crossing her arms and trying to keep from screaming at him. (Y/N) had been trying to give Mark the benefit of the doubt, seeing as he wasn't a custom to the same social cues as she. But how could he think that flirting her friend was the way to win her over?

Mark opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. He looked puzzled, trying to find anything to rectify the situation but same up blank.

"You why don't you just go." (Y/N) suggested, motioning to the door with her hand before rubbing the bridge of her nose.

Mark felt his face run cold, he wasn't sure what he had done but he knew he wanted to fix it. "(Y/N) I am sorry." He said, his voice now desperate.

She rolled her eyes, "Mark how can you be sorry if you don't even know what you're apologizing for?" Her voice was whiny, and breathless.

"It doesn't matter what I am apologizing for." Mark said, "I want to fix this but I don't know how." He said, relationships in the human world were so much more complicated than in Fearie land.

(Y/N) sighed, what Mark was saying made her heart skip a beat. He seemed very genuine, like he was just as afraid of losing her as she was of him.

"You keep flirting with Emma." (Y/N) admitted, her arms shrugging. "Thats what I'm pissed off about, and I know I don't have any right to be because we aren't together but I can't help it." She rambled on, trying to keep herself from looking like a bigger idiot that she was sure she already did.

Mark nodded, "I am sorry that I have upset you." He apologized again, "The whole concept of human relationships is still very foreign to me, I did not realize that flirting, per say, would upset you." Mark said, advancing to where (Y/N) was standing.

(Y/N) smiled at him, she understood now that he hadn't meant to hurt her and that his flirting with Emma hadn't been intentional. It's just who he is.

"I'm not interested in Emma." Mark said, cupping one side of (Y/N)'s face. (Y/N) scrunched her nose, realizing how incredibly cheesy this was going to sound, "I'm interested in you." His voice grew softer as his lips neared hers, fading out as their lips interlocked.

~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1159

First Mark imagine! Let me know what you think!