alec lightwood : depends on it

The Institute was practically empty, seeing as four of its residents - Clary, Simon, Jace and Alec - were currently on a mission to Faerie to meet with the Seelie Queen. That left only (Y/N) and Isabelle, who were sitting in the the Hub waiting for the others to return.

Izzy was sitting in a chair with her feet up against a table, her arms crossed over her chest while she looked at her newly done nails. Her eyes looked up at (Y/N), who was pacing the floor next to her - hands moving between her hair and arms in distress. (Y/N) kept her eyes focused on the entrance to the Hub, ready to pounce the second the others got back.

"You're going to put a hole in the floor." Izzy said, not looking up from her feet. She tried not to joke, knowing it wouldn't get her anywhere with (Y/N).

(Y/N) didn't stop pacing as her gaze turned to Izzy, "I can't help it." She spoke, her voice low and concerned. Her pace slowly increasing as she voiced her concerns.

Isabelle rolled her eyes, looking over at her friend. "They'll be fine, the Seelie Queen maybe not be an ally but she isn't an enemy." She told (Y/N), trying to stop her from worrying, "And the Queen has a crush on Jace so I'm sure they'll be fine." The joke only earned her half a smile from (Y/N), but Izzy knew that was probably all she was going to get.

Truth be told (Y/N) was worried about them - Jace, Clary, Simon and Alec - going on a mission to Faerie lands. She was mostly worried about Alec, her boyfriend of now a year and a half. She couldn't help picturing the last time they had been on a mission to the Seelie Courts.

(Y/N) let out a blood curdling scream, her voice raised so high she barely hear Alec calling her name. Beside each of them was two Unseelie Knights, pulling them away from each other.

They were soon forced to their knees in front of the thrown, each Knight holding one arm. The Faeries were carful to keep Alec out of (Y/N)'s reach and visa versa, so that not even their fingers were close enough to touch. Both (Y/N) and Alec struggled against the grasp of the Faeries, trying to reach for their weapons.

"Shadowhunters in the Unseelie Courts?" Asked a voice that neither of them recognized, it couldn't be the King, him they knew, so it must have been one of his sons. "How dare you come here after you're people toss mine aside?" He asked, rounding the corner with a blade handing from him hand.

(Y/N) felt her body tense as he raised the sword, hoping that he was only using it to scare them. Hoping, but knowing she was wrong.

"You should speak when you are spoken too." The Prince seethed, his teeth baring at them both. He did not bend at the knee as he placed the edge of the blade against (Y/N)'s collarbone.

She did not flinch, she would not. She would not show him any fear or any weakness, even if it meant collecting another scar. "We came to speak to the Queen, your knights took us from her land and brought us here. We have no business with you or the King." (Y/N) told him in a calm voice.

Alec was surprised by how calm she was, seeing as every cell of his body felt like it was on fire. No matter how hard he pulled against the hands of the Knights around him, Alec couldn't get free. He couldn't get off his knees and get the blade the Prince held away from (Y/N).

The Princes face contorted, before he pressed the blade he held deep into (Y/N)'s skin. She let out another scream as her skin split and blood ran down her shoulder. Alec pulled, all four Knights and the Prince laughing at them both.

How they got out, (Y/N) tossing it up to pure luck. One of the guards holding onto Alec had let a hand slip, to hold his chest as he laughed at (Y/N)'s pain. That gave Alec just enough slack to pull his arm free and seize a blade starched to his belt, driving that blade into the knee or the opposite Knight. From there it had been a walk in the park really - not. Alec had grabbed hold of the Prince, using his own sword and pressed it against his throat. The Knights willingly let go of (Y/N) then, both of them killing the Knights and tying up the Prince. They had left the Unseelie Courts as fast as they could.