Chapter Seven: Rescue (2)

"Huh?" Ling Qingyu made a sound and sat back on the chair. She looked at the little kid and waited. Finally he lowered his head and said softly, "My family was killed my traitors. Brother Lu escorted me to escape. We were chased to this place. Sister, please save older brother. We won't bring you any trouble. If trouble comes, just hand us over to them."

"Ye-er!" cried the young man.

"Brother Lu, if you die, then what will I do by myself?" The little kid held the young man down. He lifted his head, showing a pair of clear eyes, and said, "My surname is Ye. I am the eleventh child. This is the son of my brother's good friend, Lu Yao."

Ling Qingyu didn't know whether she should pity someone in the same situation or be planning to run away from trouble. Just as she was considering these options, Zheng Xi said, "Miss, the s.h.i.+p lacks sailors to be laborers in the kitchen."

Ling Qingyu thought about this and changed her mind. Right, so what if these two have enemies. After a month, they will be sailing in the sea. Once on the vast ocean, they are free to live their lives. As for herself, she can use two loyal underlings as well.

Ling Qingyu looked at the young man's weakened body with distaste. Then she glanced at Ye s.h.i.+yi's little figure. Maybe she can use Ye s.h.i.+yi for serving tea. And if nothing else suits the young man, maybe he can be groomed to be a helmsman?

"Miss, if we don't treat this little brother soon, I predict that you will be missing a sailor." Zheng Xi's voice sounded again. Ling Qingyu stared at him with annoyance as he continued, "If we cannot use a common doctor, then we can invite a s.h.i.+p doctor from Master Ding. He won't spread any rumors."

Ling Qingyu rose and walked toward the door. She retrieved the small pouch in front of her chest and withdrew a bill worth a hundred silvers, turned around and gave it to Zheng Xi. "Go invite the s.h.i.+p doctor and buy some medicines such as ginseng. We will need it for the voyage anyway."

Zheng Xi was touched to his heart as he received the bill. During this journey, Miss had been very frugal. She saved to the extent of not even employing a maid and took care of all the cleaning by herself. Yet, right now, she is willing to spend the same amount on these strangers as she spent on the entire courtyard. Miss is still the kind and lovable little girl he knew.

Seeing Zheng Xi hurrying out the door, Ling Qingyu brought Ye Zhiyi to the kitchen. "I don't care what ident.i.ty you had in the past. Now that you have sold yourself to me, make sure you do good work. First, heat some water. There is an adjoining room. Grab a wooden bucket from there and bring some water back.

After leaving Ye Zhiyi in the kitchen, Ling Qingyu returned to the West room. She tore off the young man's clothes. They were actually made with good material. They made a crisp sound as they tore apart. The surface was also very smooth. But before Ling Qingyu could further study the material, nor see Lu Yao's face changing color, her attention turned to the many scars on his body. She couldn't help but gasp.

There were more than ten blade wounds. Some were deep enough to reach his bone. His flesh had started to rot and oozed blood. It was fortunate that none of his wound had hit a vital spot. Also, his cuts had traces of medicine. If not, then he would have already died from blood loss!

Ling Qingyu sighed, "To have rotted to this extent, how are you still alive!"

Lu Yao had struggled to stay conscious during this time. After getting his clothes torn off and hearing this exclamation, he missed a breath and fainted.

Ling Qingyu continued to examine other wounds on his body, but then smelled something burning. She immediately rushed out of the west room and saw smoke coming out of the kitchen.