Lazarus Rising [5]

Dean was sitting at a table giving his order to a waitress, as he rubbed Selina's back, who was staring endlessly at her cup.

"Be up in a jiff," the waitress said, as she left, Sam entered, talking on his cell phone.

"You bet," Sam sat down.

"What'd Bobby say?" Dean asked

"Pam's stable. And out of I.C.U,"

"And blind," Selina added "because of us,"

"And we still have no clue what we're dealing with,"

"That's not true," Dean voiced

"No?"

"We got a name. Castiel, or whatever. With the right mumbo-jumbo, we could summon him, bring him right to us,"

"You're crazy. Absolutely not,"

"We'll work him over. I mean, after what he did?"

"Pam took a peek at him and her eyes burned out of her skull, and you want to have a face to face?"

"You got a better idea?"

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do. I followed some demons to town, right?"

"Okay,"

"So, we go find them. Someone's gotta know something about something,"

The waitress reappeared with two plates of pie. She set them on the table.

"Thanks," Sam said

The waitress then plopped down in a chair at the end of the table.

Dean looked at her, smirking "You angling for a tip?"

"I'm sorry. Thought you were looking for us," The waitress's eyes went demon-black for a moment; a uniformed man by the counter and a cook behind the counter also showed the demon-black; the uniformed man went to the door, locked it, and stood in front of it. "Dean. To hell and back. Aren't you a lucky duck,"

"That's me,"

"So you get to just stroll out of the pit, huh? Tell me. What makes you so special?"

"I like to think it's because of my perky nipples. I don't know. Wasn't my doing, I don't know who pulled me out,"

"Right. You don't,"

"No. I don't,"

"Lying's a sin, you know,"

"I'm not lying. But I'd like to find out, so if you wouldn't mind enlightening me, Flo..."

"Mind your tone with me, boy. I'll drag you back to hell myself,"

Selina, who had been staring daggers at the waitress through the exchange, shifted as if to attack.

Dean held a hand up and Sam stopped, settling back into his seat. "No, you won't,"

"No?"

"No. Because if you were you would have done it already. Fact is, you don't know who cut me loose. And you're just as spooked as we are. And you're looking for answers. Well, maybe it was some turbo-charged spirit. Or, uh, Godzilla. Or some big bad boss demon. I'm guessing at your pay grade that they don't tell you squat. Because whoever it was, they want me out. And they're a lot stronger than you. So go ahead. Send me back. But don't come crawling to me when they show up on your front doorstep with some Vaseline and a fire hose,"

"I'm going to reach down your throat and rip out your lungs,"

Dean leaned forward, a challenge in his eyes. He threw a right hook at the waitress, which she took. Dean threw another.

The Waitress still did nothing but glare at them, looking more and more nervous.

"That's what I thought. Let's go, Sam, Selina," Dean said. They stood, and the demon sat there, fuming.

Dean pulled a roll of cash out of his pocket and carefully peeled off a ten dollar bill. He held it up and dropped it on the table like an insult. "For the pie,"

Selina moved to follow but was stopped by the uniformed man at the door.

"Don't forget your cell phone," the man smirked as he handed Selina the phone.

"Selina!" Dean called out.

Selina grabbed the cell phone from the man and walked out of the diner.

"Holy crap, that was close," Dean said

"We're not just going to leave them in there, are we, Dean?" Sam asked

"Well yeah, there's three of them, probably more, and we've only got one knife between us,"

Selina cleared her throat "Hi, have we met, my name's Selina and I'm a demon,"

"Besides, I've been killing a lot more demons than that lately," Sam added

"Not anymore-the smarter brother's back in town," Dean said

"Dean, we've got to take 'em. They are dangerous,"

"They haven't done anything wrong, Sam. So just drop it," Selina argued

"You're one to talk, being one of them,"

Selina made a move to fight him but Dean went between them.

"That's enough!" Dean looked at Sam "They're scared. Okay? Scared of whatever had the juice to yank me out. We're dealing with a bad mofo here. One job at a time,"

Selina didn't reply and just got in the Impala and slammed the door behind her, Dean looked between Selina and Sam when he got in but just started the ignition and drove to the motel.

***

"Looking for something?" Selina asked as she held the Impala keys in her hand.

"Selina..." Sam sighed

"Sam. Dean's back, that should be reason enough for you to stop this escapade," Selina argued.

"Give me the keys,"

Selina just moved farther away from his reach.

"Give me the keys!" Sam held out his hand and Selina gasped for air, he leaned down and took the keys from her.

"You're going down a dark path Sam, walk any farther and you may never see the light again,"

"And you know all about the darkness," Sam glowered as he walked out the door.

Selina silently cried as she heard the Impala's engine leave the lot.

"Selina?" Dean asked sleepily.

Selina looked up and walked over to where Dean was but grimaced as she heard a high-pitch noise. Selina screamed as the glass showered down on her and Dean quickly came over and covered Selina from the shards.