Death Takes a Holiday [2]

Dean was lying on a bed, holding an ice pack to his head.

Sam opened the door and came in "How are you doing?"

"I'm in pain, that's how I'm doing." Dean huffed "I think I have a concussion,"

"You want some aspirin?"

Dean sat up "No thanks, House. So, demons, huh?"

"Yeah. So much for miracles,"

"And what the hell happened with Alastair again?"

"I told you, he tried to fling me or whatever." Sam flicked his hand in a demonstration, going over to the coffeemaker. "And Selina got in the way, so he grabbed her and bailed,"

"Well, how come you didn't try to get her back?!"

Sam turned to face Dean and paused before answering. "They disappeared before I could even move," he turned back to the coffeemaker.

"Mm-hm. So, did you go back and q-and-a the dead kid?"

Sam came over to the other bed, holding up a thin notebook. "Didn't have to. Bobby called. He did some digging,"

"And?"

"He thinks Selina's right. Local reaper's gone. Not just gone-kidnapped,"

"By demons? Why?"

"Listen to this." Sam read from the notebook "'And he bloodied death under the newborn sky-sweet to taste, but bitter when once devoured.',"

"Swanky. What the hell's that mean?"

"Well, it's from a very obscure, very arcane version of Revelations,"

"Which means what I think it means?"

"Basically, you kill a reaper under the solstice moon-tomorrow night, by they way-you got yourself a broken seal,"

"How do you ice a reaper? You can't kill death,"

"I don't know. Maybe demons can. Where the hell are the angels is what I want to know. We could use their help for once,"

"It looks like we're gonna have to take care of this one ourselves,"

"What are we gonna do, just swing in and save the friendly neighborhood reaper and our sister?"

"You got a better idea, I'm all ears,"

"Dean, reapers are invisible. The only people that can see them are the dead and the dying,"

"Well, if ghosts are the only ones that can see them..."

"Yeah?"

"Then we become ghosts," Dean put the icepack back on his head, smirking.

"You do have a concussion,"

"Sounds crazy I know,"

"It is crazy,"

Dean smirked more.

"How?"

***

Sam opened the motel room door. On the other side was Pamela, and behind her was Dean.

Pamela and Dean entered the room.

"I can't even begin to tell you how crazy you two are," Pamel felt the counter, then the chair.

"Well, Pamela, you're a sight for sore eyes." Sam closed the door.

Pamela turned around, lowering her sunglasses far enough to reveal white plastic eyes "Aw, that's sweet, grumpy." she put her sunglasses back "What do you say to deaf people?"