Sex and Violence [4]

Selina woke up next to Munroe as her cell phone rang "Hello?"

"Selina!" Dean exclaimed on the other end "Where the hell have you been?"

"With Nick,"

"Oh, it's Nick now? And you're not picking up your phone?"

Selina rolled her eyes as she headed into the bathroom and closed the door "Did you find the blood samples?"

"Someone stole 'em,"

"Yeah, I bet," Selina scoffed

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nick found flower petals at the crime scenes. Hyacinths,"

"So?"

"Hyacinths? Mediterranean. From the island where the whole friggin' siren myth started in the first place,"

"Ok,"

Selina rolled her eyes in frustration "Dean, Cara had hyacinth flowers!"

"You think Cara's the siren?"

"Well, I did a little checking up on her. She's only been in town for two months,"

"Yeah. And?"

"And she has an ex-husband. A dead ex-husband, Carl Roberts. Dropped like a stone, no warning. Supposedly a heart attack,"

"Well, maybe it was a heart attack," Sam said on the other end, letting Selina know that she was on speaker.

"You're kidding me,"

"Look, I just don't think it's her,"

"And what makes you so sure?"

"I dunno, a hunch,"

"A hunch? I'm giving you cold hard facts here and you're giving me a hunch?" Selina paused "Did you sleep with her?"

"No," Sam negated

"Holy crap. You did." Dean laughed "Middle of Basic Instinct and you bang Sharon Stone?"

"Sam, you could be under her spell right now!" Selina exclaimed

"Selina, I'm not under her spell,"

"Well, you're under somebody's spell," Selina muttered

"What?"

"Nothing,"

"No. Say it,"

"No, it's just...Ruby, and now Cara,"

"Selina, I'm telling you, it's not Cara. I feel fine,"

"I'll bet you do," Dean laughed

"You don't trust me?"

"No." Selina admitted causing Dean to sober up

"How about you tell us where you," Dean suggested "We'll come to meet you and we'll figure things out,"

"No,"

"Are you serious?!"

"I wish I wasn't," Selina hung up as Nick came in the bathroom behind Selina and wrapped his arms around her.

"Everything ok?" Nick asked

Selina shook her head and turned to look up at Nick "I need your help,"

"Uh, sure. With what?"

"Canvassing. We gotta find somebody,"

***

Nick sat in his car outside a bar. He watched Cara get out of a taxi and walk inside.

Selina slid into Munroe's passenger seat.

"She went in just a second ago," Nick announced

"Nice work,"

"Should we follow her in?"

"No, no, no, I don't wanna tip her off. Let's just wait and see who she comes out with,"

"So you think...what? She's drugging these guys?"

"Pretty much,"

"Uh-huh,"

Selina sighed "I know how it sounds,"

"You sure about that? 'Cause it sounds like crazy on toast. All these different strippers, they're magically the same girl? But then they're not strippers at all, it's Dr. Quinn,"

"It's kinda hard to explain, but I have my reasons and they're good ones, so you're just gonna have to trust me on 'em,"

"Yeah. Ok. I guess,"

Selina placed a hand on Nick's hand "Thank you." she looked out the windshield and watched the bar "That's actually nice to hear,"

Nick smiled and kissed Selina. "So let's say she is drugging her victims. How's she pulling that off?"

Selina shrugged "She could be injecting them, you know, or passing the toxin through, uh, physical contact,"

"Or it could be her saliva...You really should be careful of who you kiss, Selina." Nick said.

A look of realization crossed Selina's face

"I should be the only one you love, Selina." Nick said as he kissed Selina "Dean and Sam. You can't trust them. Not like you can trust me."

Selina looked in the rearview mirror and saw Munroe's reflection was that of a monster.

Nick turned Selina's attention back on him and off the mirror "In fact, I really feel like you should get them outta the way, so we can be together. Forever,"

Selina smiled up at him straddling the front of him, her arms wrapped around his neck "Yeah. Yeah, you're right," she kissed him.