Chapter 6

September 16: Emily

Walking to class the next day, I see Emmett walking down the hall winking at each girl he sees. He used to just annoy me and I couldn't figure out why I just didn't like him very much, but now I realize it was probably intuition. I stop him in the middle of the hall and wait until it almost completely empties before I slap him across the face.

"Avalon told you" He smiles, he didn't even deny it like every other self-respecting guy. As if he was proud of what he'd almost done. It was because Avalon told me that nothing happened after the weird kiss that I didn't get the football team to kick his ass. I couldn't get the lacrosse team to do it because he was one of them but the football team hated the lacrosse team so they took every chance they got from a popular to beat up a lacrosse player.

I clench my jaw.

"I just want you to know it's because you let her out of the car that I don't do more to you" And instead of looking afraid, he smiles again. Which just makes me fuming, angry. I squint my eyes and just stare unable to say much more.

"Well, I'm guessing you haven't told Emory or he'd be here with you" I clench my jaw harder, trying not to let him feed into my anger but it didn't work very well. "I don't understand why you're so mad, nothing happened" I snap and can't hold back what I'm thinking any longer.

"It's because nothing happened that I'm not tearing off your dick, you pervert!"

"Will you be quiet?" He suddenly becomes very serious.

"Oh, yeah, can't tarnish your perfect record. You should be glad I don't turn you in!"

"What do you have some type of crush on her or something?" Right, because that's the only way I'd yell at him for almost raping a girl. "She's just a new girl on scholarship; she's not even as rich as we are."

"Oh, shut up- No, I don't have a crush on her, what does it matter how much money she has"

"You know, I heard she took Rachel's place for the scholarship." He brings up as if that'd make me all of the sudden hate Avalon. It didn't. I roll my eyes at him.

"You think that I care if she took Rachel's scholarship? She isn't coming back" Emmett says something else but I hear Avalon's voice and then a shushing noise. I scrunch my eyes and walk around the corner, seeing Emory's hand over Avalon's mouth.

"Uh, hi, Emory" I greet.

Avalon steps behind Emory and I gather Emmett followed me. Emory looks back at her and then steps in front of her, turning back to Emmett, making me see Emory's face. He looked so pale. Emory had a low blood sugar problem and I wondered if he'd eaten today or forgotten like usual.

"Playing protector? You know she isn't anything more than your pet or a new toy" Emory steps toward him. I didn't want him to get upset or he may pass out and could slip into a coma.

"If you knew what I was thinking you would've stepped off long before you were able to lay hands on her. Which reminds me," he walks up to be face to face with Emmett. "If you ever even think about touching her, or if I hear rumors about her I'll kill you-"

"Emory" I warn him, laying my hand on his arm. I didn't want him to get too upset and pass out.

"Now, get out of my face, scum" Emory finishes, and Emmett pushes Emory as he leaves. He then turns to Avalon. She was clearly crying. I frown, I felt bad that I'd made such a scene. "What'd I tell you?" I clench my jaw wanting to tell him not to yell at her but I didn't want to upset him more. "Please, next time, if I tell you someone isn't a good person, just believe me." He steps forward, and hugs Avalon. "I'm sorry, that happened to you, mostly I'm sorry I let it happen." Emory falls to the ground.