Chapter 10

September 20- Emily

I was in a daze the whole day until I'm hit by a wad of paper, in the middle of lunch. I blink and look at the guys who have sat at the table in front of me. Asher shoos them away and sits down in front of me.

"I think we need to talk" He says, looking around for anyone who might know his family. Deciding it was barren enough, he turns back to me and sits forward. "What was that yesterday?" He asks, a gleam in his eye but I continue what I had been doing, looking down at my homework.

"A horrible lapse in judgement" I can tell he's smiling. He sits back.

"come on, you loved it-" He says and I make a face, thinking of that being something a rapist would say.

"It's never happening again" I say, blinking and stare at my Algebra Homework.

"Deny what you felt all you want, but it was amazing-"

"What was amazing?" Emory sits beside me. I don't answer, just continue working on my problems. Asher sighs and stands. He starts to leave when Emory stops him. "hey, Asher, where's your sister?"

"I haven't seen her since before school" He answers before leaving. As soon as he's gone, my shoulders slack and I breathe a deep sigh.

"What was that about?" Emory asks and I just shrug. He relaxes into his seat and doesn't say another word. I look across the room to Alix. She makes eye contact with me and I give her my best sympathetic smile, mouthing the words, 'I'm sorry'. The bell rings and she hurries out of the cafeteria. I hurry after her.

"Alix!" I call after her, but she keeps walking. I jog to catch up, grabbing her wrist. I spin her so quickly she lands in my arms. A sharp thrill racing from my arms wrapped around her, going to my heart. I swallow, forcing myself to pull away. "I'm sorry" I begin, crossing my arms over my chest. "Can I give you a ride home?" I ask and she sucks in her bottom lip, seeming to be thinking about it.

"Fine" She says and I smile, as we walk towards our class together.

Sitting in our seats together for the first time ever. I kind of liked it. For once I didn't fully wonder what had happened to her or who she talked to before she'd gotten into her seat.

"You missed notes yesterday" I tell her, as she looks at me.

"Then I guess you're gonna give me yours, right?" She says, meeting my eyes. "Since it's your fault." She gives me a face and I bite my lip, laughing.

"Good point" I blink, I had yelled at her for sleeping with Alice then I'd gone and slept with her brother and then told him it was a mistake. I sigh, looking away from her.

"Are you still mad?" Alix scoffs. "Emily"

"No" I answer quickly looking at her, but after a moment have to look away. "I just... did something I shouldn't have" I begin but Alix takes it the wrong way.

"Emily, relax, I already forgave you. It's ok, really" She says and I nod, just letting it go. It wasn't like I was going to sleep with Asher again. I was not Alice, nor was I ever going to have something to Alix so lying wasn't really a problem.

"You were right, though." I say, looking into her sea green eyes. "I shouldn't have said anything, it wasn't my business" I tell her and she nods.

"Thank you" she says, half smiling as she looks forward to watch the teacher as she begins her lesson.

* * * * *

Sitting in my last class, I stare at the clock. The arms move slowly by, getting closer and closer to 2:35. I watch as it goes from 2:30... to 2:31... to 2:32... Finally, the last bell rings and I shoot out of my seat, walking quickly to my car. Barely tossing a smile to everyone who said Hi.