Chapter 23

October 3- Emily

Alix wakes me by kissing my lips. I pull her onto me. I could get used to being woken this way.

"God, I love-..." I catch myself and she stares at me. "this" She smiles.

"You need to go or you'll be late to your appointment. Make sure to let me know what happens" I nod, as she leaves my room, running to catch a ride with her aunts.

*   *   *   *   *

"Ok, looks like it's stress causing your blackouts and fainting spells, but don't worry your baby seems to be perfectly healthy. I sent in a blood test to check fully and you'll need to make another appointment to check up and get a Sonogram." I blink, my stomach sinking.

"I'm sorry, my what did you just say?"

"Baby"

"I'm pregnant?" I start to freak out now. "Wha- How do you know that? Wouldn't you need like an ultrasound for that?"

"Not necessarily, and in this case I could hear two heartbeats when checking yours." My mouth drops open.

"I'm going to prescribe you some medicine for the stress, you need to get that in control or you'll lose your baby." I was having a baby? How the fuck did this happen? Asher... I stand and grab the piece of paper from the doctor.

"Thank you" I leave the room, leaving a $50 on the desk of the secretary.

"This was already covered!" She tries to call but I keep going.

Closing the door to my car, I look down and see a text from both Alix and Asher. Both basically asking what happened and how it went. I slide to respond to Asher,

Emily: I need to talk to you, meet me on the soccer field in 20 minutes, come alone

Asher: You sound like James Bond

I throw my phone onto the passenger seat and drive straight to school, walking quickly to the soccer bleachers.

"You look better already" He smiles behind his aviator shades.

"I'm pregnant" I blurt, his smile falling off his face.

"What?- Really?" he walks up and kneels in front of me. "May I?" I raise my eyebrows but nod, not sure what he was planning on doing. He wraps his arms around my body and lays his hands on the small of my back. Pulling me toward him, he lays his head on my stomach. After a few moments he smiles, tearing up. He backs up, letting me go and looks up.

"I just found out"

"Thank you for telling me." He smiles up at me. "I'm gonna end things with Savannah"

"Why?" He shrugs.

"I love you, not her, and now we're having a kid, and they'll need stability"

"So, you expect me to leave Alix" I ask, my heart squeezing. I had finally gotten what I wanted and now my sluttiness had fucked it all up.

"No, that's your decision, I would never say that- I'm just saying that our kid will have my full attention" I nod. He stands, kissing my forehead, and leaves. "I had Momma drop me off here on her way to work, will you take me home with you"

"Sure, but I don't wanna go back there yet" He nods.

"Can I come with?"

"Please" I say, he grabs my hand and helps me up. "I can stand on my own, Asher"

"I know you can, but why should you have to?" I laugh a little, rolling my eyes at him.

"Wanna go to the school's fundraiser?" I look up to Asher.