Chapter 20

September 30- Emily

"Rise and shine everybody!" Clarita calls out and I hear Jamie say, "More like rise and darkness, can they ever get here in the afternoon?"

"You can sleep when we get back, after we drop the kids off at school." I stretch and feel Alix beside me. Becoming fully awake, I shoot up and look down at her. She smiles.

"Hi" She smiles but I shush her.

"You aren't supposed to be in here"

"Relax... We'll just tell them that we were up talking late" She leans up and kisses me. I close my eyes and just feel her lips. She pushes my mouth open and I allow her to. Her tongue being just as curious as the first time she'd kissed me last night. I pull away.

"We can't right now" I whisper.

"Suit yourself" She says, standing from the bed and switching on the lamp. She turns around to pull on her pair of jeans and I see a very defined v-line I hadn't seen the night before since the light had been turned off. I bite my lip and am about to crawl across the bed at her when the door opens and Jamie walks in. I turn to look at her, wearing just a t-shirt and underwear.

"Emily-Oh" She covers her eyes. "I'm sorry"

"Huh?" I question and look down, realizing she was referring to the just underwear. I reach into my dresser and pull out my purple running shorts. I put them on. "Sorry, you can look now" She slowly uncovers her eyes, as if she didn't believe me.

"Lesson learned; I will knock from now on-" She sees Alix. "Oh, Alix, good morning. Sleep over?"

"Yeah" Alix says, looking over at me, winking.

"And you excluded Avalon?" I suppress a smile, and look at Alix for the answer.

"Well, we were up talking and just kinda fell asleep, it wasn't planned or Avalon would've definitely been invited." Alix lies her ass off. It was kinda hot that she was so good at lying.

"OK, well, we need to go soon, Hailey, Callie, Wyatt, and Avalon have asked to be dropped off at school before going to the airport so that they can do tests, and projects." Great, so this drive will be spent with the parents, my two- whatever they are, and aunts I didn't even know the Byrne kids had. Relatives just keep popping up. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an uncle in there somewhere. I'd actually be more surprised to learn there isn't.

"Text me when you guys get them" Avalon says as Callie and Hailey walk into the building.

"Ok, baby" Clarita says. "We love you"

"Ok, have a safe drive" She says, walking inside after the two girls. Jamie rolls up her window and Clarita starts playing spanish music on the radio. I scrunch my eyebrows.

"What's with the spanish music?" I ask over the loud music.

"What?" Clarita says, turning it down. I repeat my question and she looks almost confused. "What do you mean by that-"

"-She's mexican..." Jamie says.

"What- you are?" I question, confused.

"You didn't know that?" Alix asks and Jamie laughs in the passenger seat.

"I'm sorry, no, I didn't"

"It's cause she's so pale, isn't it?" Jamie asks, laughing, and Clarita hits her arm. I stay quiet but Jamie and Alix keep looking at me while Clarita keeps glancing at me and the road.

"Yeah, kinda" I concede and Jamie bursts out laughing. Clarita hits her again, while she laughs herself.

"Oh my god, Hi!" Clarita jogs to her sister, hugging her. She laughs, hugging back. It was the most excited I'd seen her.