five

2 weeks later...

Sandy's POV

"Death. 

What even is death? No one can tell us. The day we find out we are dead ourselves. Is it good, bad or nothing? Is it just an endless sleep? Is there an afterlife where all live in peace? We will never know until we die.

There are so many questions we can't answer, so many things we will never know of. Everything has an answer or is that just what we think? 

Was there a special reason that my mom died? Left me here with everything by myself. With debt in the house, bad memories and the sorrow I have from both my mom and dad leaving me. 

Where even is my dad? Is he dead too? I don't have a clue..."

I published the blog post on my blog and closed my laptop.

My life had been a living hell the last 2 weeks. It's been like that for a long time but these two weeks have been even worse. 

I have had no contact with people whatsoever. The only times I have left the house was when I had to go and buy food, which hasn't been a lot. 

I haven't had the money I don't even have a job for gods sake. My mom left me nothing. I knew we didn't have a lot of money and it surprised me when I saw her bank account how we still kept the house all this time. 

There was just about enough money to buy the electricity and water bill for this month but I will have to get a job to be able to live. I went to a job interview yesterday and luckily I got the job. I now work in Target. 

Alexander tried to reach me so many times but every time he called I declined. He also went over and knocked on the door one night for an hour... I felt terrible letting him stand there in the cold but I couldn't let him in. He has stopped for a few days I guess he gave up on trying to help me like everyone else. 

Suddenly my thoughts got interrupted by my phone ringing. It was a number I had never seen before so it was definitely not Alexander. 

I decided to answer. "He-ello?" I said nervously. "Hello, is this Julie Rose speaking? A lady with a quite deep voice answers. I blinked by the mention of my mom's name. "Yes? Who is this?" I asked as convincing as possible. "I am Tanya Hopkins from the authorities, I am here to tell you that the bills to your house hasn't been paid in a long time and we do need an explanation before we can decide what to do" 

I went in shock. No! They can't take the house from me no!!

"It must be a misunderstanding, we have been paying!" I said sounding as professional as I could. "Sandy... I know it's you. I know about your mother." The lady said sternly.  I didn't answer.

"Sandy you haven't been answering any calls from us and we need to talk to you about your situation. It's important that you have somewhere to live. I'm sorry for telling you this but it's my job... The house will be taken in two weeks and unless you have found somewhere to live then, then I will have to take you in care so you are in the best hands." 

"NO YOU CAN'T! NO..." I began feeling tears down my cheeks. Why did I have to be so weak?

"Sandy please don't get upset we can help you with everything." "DON'T. I DON¨T WANT YOUR HELP DON'T YOU GET IT? I CAN BE BY MYSELF OKAY?" I yelled and hung up. 

The more I thought about it the angrier I got. They can't take the house from me... And I'm definitely not going into care. I can take care of myself without having some foster parents. 

My phone started ringing again and some number showed up but not the number from before but I anyway thought it would be from that stupid lady. So my anger got the best of me and I picked up my phone and yelled into the line "DON'T YOU GET IT? LEAVE ME ALONE TANYA I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP."

What I didn't know was that the person on the other line wasn't Tanya Hopkins.

"Sandy!! Oh my God, we need to talk! Please just talk to me about what happened?" I immediately recognised his Australian accent. 

It was Luke.

-----------

HIIIII

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN AGEEEEES. I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY... I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS QUICK AS I CAN BUT ALOT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE RN.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, THANK YOU (DONT BE GHOST READERS)