Chapter 16: "The Beginning"

Sasuke bolted up from his bed when he heard a door slammed. 'Itachi?'

It is pretty unusual for him to hear Itachi slam the door shut, even when his brother is drunk or tired from his long day, he never slam the door like that. Well, if that's Itachi.

Stretching his arms a bit, he ran a hand through his hair and went downstairs.

It couldn't be anyone but his brother, he made sure that he locked the doors before he retreated to his bedroom and no one had the key to it besides him, Itachi and his parents. Thinking out the obvious, he saw Itachi right ahead when he reached the bottom of the stairs. He seemed stressed and in panic as he wears his jacket.

He stopped when he noticed Sasuke's stare, "Sasuke!"

Sasuke raised an eyebrow to him, meaning to ask what's going on.

"Hurry up! Put your jacket. It's an emergency!"

Suddenly, Sasuke went into panic mode, 'Emergency?! What the hell happened?!'

Unconsciously, he glanced up to the clock, '8:30 P.M'

'Great. I overslept.'

He retreated to his room to fetch his jacket, phone and his wallet. And went downstairs to see Itachi impatiently fiddling with his keys.

Without a word, Itachi left the house, Sasuke assumed that he was going to his car.

'I guess explanations are spared for a while.' He mused.

Hoping in Itachi's car, his older brother immediately drive them to the highway, their path that usually leads to the... airport?

All of a sudden, a verge of nervousness enveloped Sasuke, his stomach clenched on the possible things that happened.

He cleared his throat and glanced at his elder brother, "Where are we exactly going?"

Itachi didn't make eye contact with Sasuke. Instead, he kept driving with his eyes on the road.

Sasuke asked furthermore, he knows his brother too well and he knows better than to force him to talk. Itachi made his way through the airport's parking lot, seeming a lot confident and less distressed than before.

"Mom and Dad had an emergency return," Itachi stated filling Sasuke the details that he wanted to know ever since they left their house. But it didn't do any good, it only confuses him further.

"What do you mean? Emergency?" Sasuke gulped, whatever it is, he feels like he doesn't want to know what exactly was going on.

Itachi sighed for the umpteen time and looked at Sasuke, eyes filled with worry. "It's about Sakura's parents."

"Mebuki and Kizashi?! What happened, Itachi?" Sasuke seemed distressed now. Last time Sakura talked about how she couldn't contact her parents and seeing that this emergency is about them didn't sit well to him. Does Sakura even know of this? Was she informed?

Itachi put his eyes at the front, eyeing the people beyond them. "I didn't know much of the details but Mom called me while I was on one of our meetings, she said that she couldn't contact you and so she called me next telling that there has been an emergency and that they are flying back as we speak, it was about Mebuki she said, she needed medical attention and protection, and for Kizashi... she didn't want to talk about it."

Sasuke breathed out shakily, he didn't know what to say, he wanted to panic but he needed to calm down Sakura wasn't informed yet. They need to do this carefully and mindfully "Well? Did you call the hospital?"