Chapter 14: "Looming Danger"

"Sakura..."

With her name being called, she looked behind her to see the source of it, Sasori.

"Sasori?" She looked at him, she hasn't talked to him for eight days, it wasn't because she didn't want to but because Sasori has seemingly ignoring and avoiding Sasuke and her. Sure, he went with them as a group, but he sticks far from the two of them, he didn't even bother to look at he and even flee when he notices that she was about to approach him.

Sakura understands in a way, but she wanted to talk to Sasori to clear things out and maybe return to normal. Be friends again like they were before. Yes, it's going to be hard but it's not going to be hard unless they had tried in the first place and seeing Sasori now, doing the first move is a great sign.

"Sakura. Do you have some time?" Sasori asked her looking hopeful.

Sakura looked at the books first and back to Sasori. That's right she was supposed to return the books in the library

"Yes, of course, but I'll ha—"

"No." He said abruptly.

She looked at him confused. 'What does he want then?'

"I mean..." He stopped and sighed, ruffling his hair. He looked a little bit distressed and nervous.

"Calm down, Sasori-kun. Tell me what you need." Sakura regarded him with a smile that eased him easily.

Even after what happened and his little drama, she still regarded him as a close friend.

He calmed down and give a small smile, "I was wondering if we can go for some snack on Friday after our class?

Sakura was a little shocked and she didn't bother to hide it as her eyes widen in a fraction. "A snack?"

"Yes. well, not a date, I just wanted to talk to you privately."

Understanding what he meant she immediately gives him a kind smile and nodded eagerly, "Of course! Of course, Sasori-kun. I was just taken aback"

"Thank you. That means a lot to me."

"No worries. I've been wanting to talk to you as well."

Sasori looked around looking for something and then eventually returned his gaze on her, "Sasuke..."

Sakura looked behind her and around them, there was no Sasuke. "Sasuke-kun? What about him?"

Sasori shrugged, "Wouldn't he get mad? I know, I was asking for a little snack with you to talk but I don't want him to get the wrong idea."

She nodded, "It's okay. I'll talk to him. I know he'll understand."

He didn't look convinced so she continued "I know Sasuke-kun looks so intimidating and possessive but I know that he'll understand."

"Anything you say than, Saku-chan"

She giggled a little and but nods, "I'll be going to return this to the library then."

The new couple sat inside a café, 'Fait Avec Amour', enjoying their alone time together after the tiring day of school.

"I can't believe they spread the news!" Sakura sighed loudly and restraining herself not to bang her head on the table.

Sasuke closed his eyes and sighed inwardly, "You know them, Sakura. You out of all people knows what happens when something like this reaches their ears."

She throws a glare at Sasuke, "You act like you're not affected."

He shrugged and went to raise his left hand. Seeing this, Sakura pouted and crossed her arms in front of her but straightened her posture.