Chapter 19: "The Truth"

"I'm sorry."

Sasuke looked to the source of the voice on his right, Sasori.

They've been sitting side by side quietly by the campus gates for 10 minutes now. Waiting for their 'guardians' to finally bring them home as they spend a week or two outside the campus now that they were suspended due to the 'little incident' that they did.

When Sasuke didn't say a thing not even a confusing grunt of some sort. The red-hair faced him, "I'm sorry."

Sasuke simply rolled his eyes and turned back to him, "I heard you. I just don't know why are you saying that."

"I blame myself Uchiha. Maybe, I shouldn't have asked her for some snack." Sasori guiltily confessed his thoughts in which Sasuke scoffed at. "Yeah. It's pretty stupid."

The red-haired furrowed his eyebrow at him, clearly taking it as an insult, "Hey Uchi—" and was taken aback when he saw that the young Uchiha is smirking at him.

"It wasn't your fault," Sasuke started, taking a pause to think before continuing again "Or maybe it is. But it isn't just your fault. It's my fault, her parents, that Gato, and maybe even Sakura's fault."

Sasori, even more confused, shook his head. He didn't get what Sasuke's pointing out. Why would it have been Sakura's fault if she's been kidnapped and god knows what had or was happening to her as they speak. Uchihas are weird.

Seeing Sasori's gaze, Sasuke sighed, not liking the fact that he had to explain himself, maybe it's much better if he had stayed quiet," "My point is. It doesn't matter who's to blame for. The only thing that matters now is finding Sakura, rescuing her, and make sure it doesn't happen again."

Sasori's eyes widened for a fraction in the wise words if the Uchiha, maybe Uchihas aren't ice cold as they say. But despite Sasuke's words he can t help but to blame himself for it, Deidara did cut them off but it is his fault for upsetting Sakura in the first place, maybe if he hadn't said anything she would stay with them and accept the offer of driving her back to her house. But that didn't happen, because of his stupidity if telling her what had occurred. Now, all that he can think of is that Sakura was abducted, confused and torn apart. He can't blame Sasuke dor that, if anything, he should thank him for allowing his girlfriend to talk to him in a cafe in which it can be misinterpreted as a date. Sasori sighed as he further regrets all of his actions. Regrets were made, they say, and he had definitely created a mistake that to be regretted.

"Sasuke."

Said Uchiha turned to him, and curious that Sasori had called him by his first name and with a serious, non-threatening tone of voice.

"Tell Itachi to meet me at the Akatsuki's, make sure you'll come as well," Sasori said as he straightened himself up, walking towards the gates.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow for the red hair's mysterious request, "Why don't you tell that yourself?"

The red-hair stopped his tracks as he looked partly to Sasuke through his shoulder, "I need to think about stuff." And with that. Sasori walks off.

Weird. Was the first thing that came to Sasuke's mind. Nervous. Was the second one, but he doesn't know why. He just felt that Sasori will reveal something that will fuel the fire that has already started.

--- You're Mine, Only Mine ---

"Everything's being taken care of as of now, Tsunade's taking care of Mebuki and our relatives are looking after her, making sure that Gato or sny of his men will hurt her... Again." Mikoto sais to Hiruzen.