Chapter 9: "Masterpiece"

Thursday, the day when this torture will end, and well when Sasuke will finally beat Sasori's ass or so what he thinks.

Adjusting his necktie on the mirror, Sasuke runs a hand on his hair, combing it neatly taking a deep breath as he looks on his reflection.

'Let's see if he can beat me.' smirking on his reflection on the mirror, he went downstairs to catch his brother, Itachi in his usual business wear.

"Good morning, otouto." Itachi greeted him with his gentle smile, knowing what day it is, he can easily tell why Sasuke's being odd today.

"Morning." Sasuke simply said as he walked his way to the door.

"My, my, aren't we grumpy today? Aren't you going to eat at least? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Asking his brother and getting no response but the sound of the door being shut when he left the house.

Itachi sighed as he shook his head, "Ah, young love." He can only imagine what will happen today and is quite excited to know if Sasuke did make the painting well.

Of course, Itachi knows what Sasori exactly dares to show the class, he knows him as his subordinate and as one of his brothers in the fraternity. He might not admit it but Sasori is great at art quite frankly, his art style is beyond a two-dimensional artwork, his masterpiece is nothing close to the painting but he knows that Sasuke got this. And he knows exactly why he just hopes that the others see this too.

The room slowly begins to get full as the class hours are nearing, the students begin to fill the room, occasionally greeting their classmates and talking with their friends. Bragging about their works of art.

When a certain redhead went inside the room, all eyes turned at him, why not? It's odd enough that he carried a wooden box inside the room. What could his art style possibly be?

Looks of curiosity followed his trails as he sat at his seat looking at Sakura and immediately greeting her, "Good morning, Sakura-chan" Sasori greeted her right away with his smooth voice.

Hearing his greeting Sakura turned from the girls, that she has been talking to, to Sasori, "Oh. Good morning, Sasori-kun!"

Sasuke can't help but to flinch at this, even if he's not looking at then, he can only imagine how Sasori looks at Sakura and having known of his newfound feelings, he can already feel his blood boiling, not that he admits it anyways.

Sakura took a good look at Sasori and stops on the wooden box right on top of his desk, "Oh! Is that what you're going to present?!" she exclaimed, clearly knowing what it is.

"Hmmm?" Sasori followed where Sakura was looking, smirking on finding out what she means, "I thought you forgot about that. But to answer your question, yes. Yes, it is. It's a form of art anyways."

"Oh my! I'm so excited to see their reactions! I know how beautiful your works are!" she cheered happy, too happy on Sasuke's opinion who is listening to their conversation.

Sasuke locked his gaze on the big canvas in front of him.

[FLASHBACK]

"Hey! Good morning, Sasuke-teme!" Naruto greeted him, already inside the room as he talked to Hinata.

"Dobe." He greeted him back and looking at Hinata giving her a curt nod as a greeting which she copied back.

"What's that?!" Leaving Hinata on her seat, Naruto jumped at Sasuke and tried to reach the big canvas in his hands. "Let me see!"

"No. You'll ruin it." Sasuke shoved Naruto's handoff of the covered canvas.

Naruto looked at him pointedly, "Heh! Show off!" And returned to Hinata's company.