Chapter 17: "Insane"

Sasuke knocked for the umpteenth time on the cherry wood door which was Sakura's. But to no avail, no one opened it. It unnerved him thinking that something might've happened to Sakura.

"Sasuke?"

He looked behind him to see his brother, Itachi. Shaking his head in disappointment. "I don't think she's home. The lights are closed and the curtains are closed as well."

"Hn. I've checked the backdoor. It was closed too and the kitchen's window is closed." Fugaku joined in as he walked to the porch behind Itachi.

"Haven't she replied yet?" Mikoto directed her question at Sasuke, who glanced at her and shook his head, "No replies nor callbacks, I texted Ino and she told me that they don't have any plans today."

Mikoto sighed and looked much worried now, it didn't go unnoticed to Sasuke and from that he knew something is definitely going on, and that something isn't good.

Before Mikoto have a chance to speak, the Uchiha matriarch cut her out.

"Let's head inside and talk about this. It's freezing outside and I doubt that we should discuss it here." Fugaku stated as he begins walking to their manor just next to Sakura's home.

Mikoto followed her husband just as Itachi gave Sasuke a reassuring squeeze on his shoulder and guided him to follow. "I'm sure that it'll be fine. She might be out buying some groceries or anything."

Sasuke nodded assuring that he'll be fine but deep inside him, things just don't sit well, 'I know things won't be fine... but I wish it was.'.

He's not dumb not to sense it, he knows that something bad is about to happen and that may involve a pink-haired lady that he knows all too well.

Once inside, they went to the dining room as Itachi starts to boil water, getting four cups and bags of tea for the family in the cabinets. He leaned on the counter as he waits for the water to boil.

It wasn't what he expected when his parents finally went home, he expected it to be less... tense than it is now, he actually expected it to be a great thing for him and especially for Sasuke but now, it went all on the bad directions. And honestly, it might go on the worst direction as well.

As usual, Fugaku sat as the head of the family and Mikoto adjacent on his left. Sasuke followed to the right of him although leaving space for Itachi.

Fugaku sighed, he figured that his wife wouldn't and didn't know how to start the conversation and so he started it in a vague and yet more cautious way. "Mebuki might be in great danger."

The Uchiha brothers furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean, Tou-san?" Itachi asked. Of course, it's obvious that something's wrong seeing that Sakura's mother was on a stretcher when they arrive but was it something more dangerous than they expected, will it really make things go into the worst way possible, Sasuke held his breath unable to express the nervousness that he felt, 'This is going so bad. More importantly... Where is she?'

"They are being hunted by a man named Gato. He's a notorious wealthy man with an illegal business. Drugs, firearms, even human trafficking."

"How did this involve Sakura's parents?" In his Sasuke's worry and seriousness, he began asking questions as well.

Fugaku was about to explain what had happened but Mikoto put a hand on his, making him stop and nodding to him. This is her chance to tell the story. A horrible one but much to her despise it should be told aloud.

As Mikoto takes her time and choosing wisely where, to begin with. Itachi served them the hot tea and sat on his father's adjacent right. Mikoto took her time and when her mind is set, she takes a sip off of the tea and called her nerves only a little before starting to talk.