3

*still John's P.O.V.*
I felt my breathing becoming faster and faster. I completely forgot about what Brian told me about staying here. I couldn't stay. I felt suffocated. I felt like the walls of the club might close up on me if I didn't leave. I turned around and opened the door, running out into the street. I ran until I collapsed, until I couldn't run anymore. I tried to concentrate on taking deep breaths, but I couldn't. The breaths that I tried to take kept on getting stuck in my throat.

I looked around at my new surroundings. I was in a dead end of some dark alley. The closest light came from a light post that was about 4 metres away. There were trash cans on one side and I was sitting on the other, with my knees pulled up to my chest. The good thing was that my breathing was finally calming down.

My thoughts went back to what happened in the club. Freddie and Roger? How was I going to face them tomorrow? It would only be right if I acted happy for them. Oh god what if they were secretly dating all this time? And I kissed him. Why did I have to be so selfish? Why do I always have to ruin other peoples' happiness? Not only did I ruin any chance that I could've had with Freddie, I probably ruined the friendship I had with Roger too. Losing two of the closest people to me in one night. Just with one stupid kiss.

Suddenly, I heard what sounded like footsteps, getting closer and closer every second. I slowly raised my head from its previous position of being buried in my hands and saw a man in the distance. I couldn't make out who it was. As I stared at him, his face suddenly turned and looked straight at me.

A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth as I saw the curly poodle-like hair that outlined our guitarist's face. I think he noticed me too, as he quickly made his way over to where I was sitting.

"John? Are you okay?" He said as he crouched in front of me. The worry was obvious in his voice.

"Not really," I whispered.

"Do you want to go home? If you sit here, on the cold pavement, you'll get sick..."

I nodded, even though all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole and die.

Brian helped me up, and I couldn't help but shiver. It was November and the air was pretty chilly. I regretted leaving my jacket somewhere in the club, since all I had now was a t-shirt. Brian instantly noticed and offered me his hoodie, which I gladly excepted. It was warm from Brian's body heat and had the faint smell of his cologne.

"Better?" He asked.

"Much better, thanks," I nodded, smiling a little. It felt good to know that someone still cared about me.

We had now walked over to Brian's car. Turns out, I didn't run as far as I thought I did. Brian got in the driver's seat and I sat down in the back, so I could have more space.

Brian turned on the car and I relaxed a bit. It was nice and warm in the car and as I glanced out the window, I noticed that it had started to rain. I looked outside through the window, listening the soft water drops as they fell onto the car. I felt a lump in my throat. I tried to swallow it, I didn't want to cry in front of Brian again. Why was the lump even there? I was safe now, we were a few miles away from that horrible club. I was such a pathetic cry baby, crying over every little thing.

I felt a tear roll down my face for about the millionth time that day. I felt myself sniffling. Why was I acting like this? Was I really that desperate for Brian's sympathy? I pulled my knees up to my chest again, hugging them tight. I wanted to hide away forever.

"Do you maybe want to talk about it? You shouldn't keep all your emotions bottled up inside of you, it isn't healthy," Brian said, softly.

Should I tell him? I trusted him, right? Of course I did, he was one of my closest friends. He was also the only friend I had at this point. What do I even say? 'I like Freddie, but he doesn't like me back, that's why I'm crying?' Fuck, Brian doesn't even know that I like guys. I guess I should start with that. What more could I loose? Only my last friend.

"If I told u that...that I liked men. Would you t-treat me any differently?" I said quietly, my voice cracking a bit at the end.

"Why would I treat you differently?" Brian said, after thinking about it for a few seconds.

"Because...because I'm a freak," I whispered as I felt the tears roll steadily down my face.

"No you're not, don't say that," he replied right away.

I didn't think he was getting it. I wiped the years away from my eyes and whispered "Brian I- I'm gay."

I was expecting a lot of things. For him to throw me out of the car, hit me, scream at me. But I definitely wasn't ready for his response.

"I know," he said, smiling to himself.

I was speechless. He knew? But how?! I hadn't told anybody and it's not like I acted like the stereotypical gay man.

"You...you do? How-" I started to say, but was cut off by Brian.

"I guess I just got that vibe from you y'know? I didn't want to say anything, in case my suspicions were false."

"So...you're fine with it?" I asked cautiously. I crosses my fingers for good luck. I really didn't know what I'd do if he didn't accept me.

" 'Course I'm fine with it! You can love whoever you want to love. Who am I to judge?" He said as he parked the car. I looked around and realised that we were in front of the apartment building. I opened the door of the car, stepping out of it and so did Brian. Before I got the chance to walk to the front door, he walked towards me and pulled me into a warm tight hug.

"I'm proud of you," he whispered into my hair. I rested my cheek on his chest and hugged him back. I could feel the steady beat of his heart and it was sort of relaxing in a way.

"Thanks for being so...so accepting," I whispered back, as I pulled away from the embrace.

He hummed in response, then took out his keys and unlocked the front door. We walked up the stairs in silence, but it wasn't an awkward one.

------------------
A/N
I've been having a lot of writer's block lately, so I apologise of this is kinda shitty. Feel free to comment what you think about the story so far! Thank you for voting and commenting I love y'all 😘
~S