Chapter 20

I trust him with my body and my soul in this moment. Jared's the flip side of Shannon: dominant, confident, challenging. But above all, as well as brothers, they're best friends. I allowed my eyes to drift across his body, feeling all my fears and guilt melt away with each soft stroke of his fingertips.

He leaned over me, his eyes connecting with mine. "Think of this as the start of our adventure baby, not the end. " He reached over to grab the water bottle. "Open those lips of yours." He lifted my head gently from the pillow and sprinkled droplets of water into my open mouth. He smiled as my tongue reached out for more. I felt his slender finger trace my lips and then dip slowly into the water, flicking droplets across my face. I knew he was watching my every reaction like a hawk. And I knew he heard the small groan that escaped my lips as a teardrop of water followed the curve of my neck and down across my breasts.

The sensation sent an exquisite shiver that cut deep into my core. "Jared, where are you going?" I felt the mattress dip and his body move away from me. "Come back," I begged, not ready to give him up so easily this time.

"Patience baby girl." The words came out slow and sexy as he stood at the bedside, gazing down at my body. "Tell me again that you trust me Lexy." He sat back down on the edge of the bed, cupping my chin in his hand, demanding I look at him. I nodded, feeling my stomach tighten as those hands moved down to skim my nipples. My breath caught in my throat. "No nodding Lexy, let me hear those words."

"I trust you Jared," I murmured, my brain two steps removed from my aching body. I wasn't thinking, I was just reacting to his words, his touch and his demand for trust.

"Stay there. I'll be back.

I watched his muscles flex under his tattered T-shirt as he crossed the room, moving in the shadows. "I know you're watching Lexy. Close your eyes baby."

I tried calming my breathing. He knew I was watching him. Close your eyes Lexy, I told myself. Give in to his demands and trust him.

I let out a deep sigh and lowered my head to the pillow, enjoying the blackness as my eyelids fluttered down.

"Good girl." His voice was close but I couldn't tell where he was. I heard him move and then felt his hand grip my wrist, pulling me from the bed. "Keep those eyes closed. No peeping, promise me."

My throat was dry and the words just evaporated. I nodded.

"Arms in the air baby girl." He lifted my T shirt over my head, the cotton whispering over my skin before landing in a heap on the floor. The cool air brought goosebumps to my skin.

"Jared, hold me," I pleaded, suddenly feeling vulnerable and desperate to open my eyes.

"Trust me sweetheart, trust me. Relax baby, I'm here." To reassure me, he pulled me into a tender embrace. The lace of my bra grazed his nipples and I felt his body tremble against mine.

Just as my head touched his chest, he eased away, his hands gripping my hips before slipping his fingers forward and slowly unzipping my jeans. I stepped out, pushing them away with my toes, eyes still closed but needing his words of comfort and encouragement.

"How are you feeling baby?" His voice washed over me like the morning breeze, a soft whisper tickling the skin behind my ear. His arms pulled me closer, swiftly unhooking my bra, letting it fall to the floor.

"I feel vulnerable," I admitted, my voice catching in my throat. "You won't let me open my eyes Jared."

"That's because this is all part of your adventure Lexy. If you can't do that, we can always resort to the blindfold again baby girl. What would you prefer? Eyes closed or the blindfold?" His fingers drifted down my neck coming to rest on my delicate nipples. I gasped as his fingers traced around the edges before brushing his thumb gently back and forth across the tip.