Chapter 32

Hi everyone! Well the emotional angst has got way too much for me! I've wanted to cuddle Lexy from beginning to end but that's not my job. Anyway, I've been very unsure writing these past few chapters and I'd appreciate some honest feedback - here or in a private message. Hope you get chance to read this latest instalment. Have a peaceful and love-filled day xoxoxo

I was left sitting on the edge of the bed, humiliated, angry but most of all heartbroken.

His words kept echoing in my mind: "I want you to go back down there and be aware of my smell lingering on you Lexy. I want your body to be on edge all night. When you see me, I want you to remember that I have the power to give or take your pleasure."

My work bag, with my phone inside, was still in the den where I'd been chatting with Jess. I desperately wanted to call someone, anyone, to come and get me and take me home.

My dream party had turned into a living nightmare. My head started swimming and a rising unease forced me to bolt for the bathroom. I slammed the door shut and bent over the toilet, emptying the contents of my stomach. I closed my eyes as my muscles spasmed, eventually curling up on the floor and letting the tears pool around my face.

Images of my mum floated in and out as I sobbed loud and hard. I missed her so much; her calm nature, and the way she'd always been there to pick up the pieces in a time of crisis.

Jared had taken what he wanted, brutally and carelessly. I was raw inside and out, emotionally and physically. In short, I was drained. I had Bambi legs and every joint was aching.

I tried standing up, stretching out my legs first and testing out other parts of my body to see how I felt.

The internal conversations were racing through my head, Jared's words drowning out the gentle knock on the bathroom door.

"Lexy are you OK?"

A second voice: " Are you in there?"

Any words I had were muted. I didn't want anyone seeing me in this wretched state.

"Lexy! I know you're in there!" Shannon's voice was raised and he started banging on the door.

Tears pricked the corner of my eyes again but I knew we couldn't have confrontation tonight. I drew back the latch and slowly opened the door.

"What the fuck Lexy! What's happened?" Shannon walked in and wrapped me in his arms, easing away when he felt me wince at the pressure.

"Lex, I had to go and find him," Jess explained, telling me how worried she'd been seeing Jared lead me away upstairs. Her eyes questioned me silently, as I pressed my cheek into Shannon's chest.

"Oh God Lex what's happened babe?" she leaned behind me to grab some tissues to catch the tears which were showing no sign of abating.

"I need to go home, please, one of you take me home. Get my bag downstairs and just get me out of here. I don't want t o see anyone. I just, just want out of here. Now!" I cried, feeling my legs give way from under me.

"Christ Jess. Help me," Shannon ordered, scooping me into his arms before I hit the floor.

"Jess, I want her out of here now. Let's get her to the guest bedroom and then decide what to do," Shannon ordered.

I was shaking but comforted to feel Shannon's arms holding me.

"Open the door and check there's no-one around. The guest room's across the hallway on the right. Let's get her inside – and make it quick," he growled, maybe having some idea of what had happened in Jared's bedroom.