Chapter 24

Hey! Hope you're all OK. I've so enjoyed writing this story and I know I might have hinted that it was only going to be 25 chapters. However, that self-imposed marker may have to be stretched slightly after I became totally lost in the lives of Lexy, Shannon and Jared. I hope you continue reading and please let me know your thoughts xoxoxox

*********************

Shannon wrapped the bath towel around my shoulders, slowly drying every inch of my exhausted body.

He eased off every time I flinched when he smoothed over a bruise or bite mark and smiled as I lowered my head to his chest, delighting in the new depths opening up in our relationship.

"Are you going back to work at Jared's or have you time for a coffee somewhere?" Shannon asked, while searching for his phone under a pile of clothes on the floor.

"Your phone's over there on the table," I pointed. "And no I'm not going back to Jared's today ... and yes I'd like a coffee."

I walked to the other side of the bed, looking at the rumpled sheets where the three of us had blissed out together just hours before. I breathed deeply, calming my insides which suddenly went into freefall with vivid flashbacks.

"Hey, you OK?" Shannon pulled me into his arms. "You were far away for a moment babe."

I shrugged and sighed. "I was just thinking of everything that's happened and ... I was just slightly .... I don't know lost it for a moment I think. Were you OK seeing me and Jared together? Be honest with me Shan."

The silence was unnerving as his hands pressed me tight to his body, my softness moulding into his taut muscles. "Please tell me we're OK?" I let my lips connect with the triad tattoo on his neck, feeling his warm breath ruffle my hair.

"Lexy .... the three of us .... please don't think it was planned or anything like that. It just happened and ... I want you to know that I loved every moment." There was another pause before he continued. " I wouldn't let that happen with anyone other than Jared. It was far too intense and intimate." His words were reassuring. "Now it's my turn Lexy ... what about you? Are you OK with me and Jared and everything?"

I felt his head dip to look down at me, nudging my head from his shoulder to gain eye contact. "Come on babe, open up to me. I've been honest, now it's your turn."

Memories, flashbacks, whatever you want to call them, crowded my mind: Jared's fingers pushing into me, Shannon's gentle words of encouragement, the warmth of their bodies.

"You want honesty." I paused trying to work out what I wanted to say. " Well, despite feeling sexually exhausted and a bit sore, you were both amazing. I won't ever forget what happened here."

"In that case give me those lips first and then it's coffee," he laughed, pushing me on to the bed and kissing me tenderly.

"I'm one lucky man," he murmured, nipping my bottom lip, sucking hard before releasing it. "Now let's get dressed and find that coffee!"

**************

"Where are we going," I asked, as Shannon pulled out into a steady flow of traffic, braking as some idiot cut in front us.

"I thought we'd head somewhere quiet. I know this little cafe which serves the best coffee and churros. We can hide out there for a while and chill."

"Mmmm, that sounds good.

"By the way ..." this seemed like a good time to bring up the subject. "There's still something you haven't told me about," I teased, watching a fleeting moment of worry cross his face.