Chapter 1: Royal Rumble

Chase Field was packed out. Royal Rumble 2019 was proving to be the most electric Pay-Per-View of the season. It was the kickoff of Wrestlemania season. The road to Wrestlemania: when every wrestler backstage was scratching and clawing their way to their very own Wrestlemania moment.

The backstage area was more than electric. It was buzzing with excited newcomers like Lacey Evans and Heavy Machinery. The veterans were there-Randy Orton, Natalya, Bobby Lashley-all were buzzing. Some with solemn determination and others with pure excitement for the night. Royal Rumble was undeniably the most exciting time to be backstage since the biggest match of the year for nearly every superstar in the locker room was being prepared for.

You run through the arena, already in your gear, looking for Seth. It had been about five hours since you saw him last. You had caught an early workout that morning, before coming to Chase Field. You were nervous for the Royal Rumble. Even though you have been in many battle royals and competed in last year's first Women's Royal Rumble, there were still butterflies in your stomach. And you knew that Seth could calm those butterflies.

You check catering, knowing that Seth is usually there, but you don't see him. You resign to checking the on-deck area, Triple H motions to you from his place at the production table. You walk over and watch the monitors. The Bar is attempting to put Miz through the announce table before Shane comes to his rescue. The pairing of Miz and Shane is so ridiculous but they are working together well. The flow of the match could be better, but overall it is better than you expected them to do.

Hunter takes his headset off and turns to you. "They are better than we expected." he echoes your thoughts.

You nod. "I guess they get a gold star this time. Whose idea was it for Miz to wear a jersey? He looks ridiculous."

"I'm pretty sure it was his idea. And I'm pretty sure he knows he looks ridiculous." You both laugh until a producer shoots you both a hard glare. He won't say anything since you and Hunter are technically his boss, but you both take the hint and lower your voices.

"Are you ready for your rumble?" Hunter asks.

"Yeah, I haven't been in the ring in like a month. So I'm a little nervous."

"You're going to be fine. Just remember to stay between the ropes."

"Such great advice, Hunter." You wryly smile. "I was actually looking for Seth. Would you happen to know where he is?"

"He had a creative meeting with Stephanie and a couple members of the team in one of the conference rooms. He should be done by now. You might check the locker room or Conference room area"

"Thanks. I'll see in a bit."

You leave the on-deck area and backtrack your steps toward the conference area. You spot Stephanie walking past you and she tells you that Seth was headed toward catering after their meeting which ran longer than expected. You thank her and from the monitor nearby, you hear Shane McMahon's music and laugh to yourself.

He and Miz just won the tag team titles.

Back in catering, you find Seth drinking water and looking down at his phone. You walk up behind him and cover his eyes.

"Guess who?"

"Nikki Bella?" He rattles off.

"I will stab you." You say and sit beside him.

"Aw, don't do that. I have a match." He leans in and kisses your hair.

You roll your eyes. "You're lucky I like you."

"Yeah, I am." He smiles that gorgeous smile that makes you melt and you kiss him and smack him at the same time. "So, what's up?"

"Nothing." You shrug. "I'm nervous. I missed you. Miz and Shane just won the Smackdown Tag Titles and nothing in life makes sense anymore."

He laughs, "I missed you too. And who knows they might be the best tag champions in the history of WWE."

"I mean, weirder things have happened." You laugh and lean onto Seth.

"Why are you nervous?" He asks, quieter, more serious now.

"I haven't been in the ring in a little while. I haven't really even been training."

"You've only been out a month. You still know exactly what to do."

You nod. "I know."

You are both silent for a long while. You are content to lean against him while his arm is draped around you.

"You are amazing." He says. And you know he is about to move, but you don't want him to. "And I love you very much."

"I love you too." You say, looking up at Seth.

"You are going to be amazing tonight. Win or lose you are still my favorite."

"You're my favorite too." You smile widely.

Seth leans down and kisses you softly. "I have to go get warmed up."

"Okay," You sigh.

"I'll see you soon. Good luck tonight."

"You too. Bye babe."