Masquerade 1 1

Masquerade played all around me and it made me smile, I did eventually join in with them.

"Masquerade! paper faces on parade, Masquerade, hide your face so the world can never find you!"
"Masquerade! Every face a different shade
Masquerade! Look around, there's another mask behind you"
"Flash of mauve, splash of puce
Fool and king, ghoul and goose"
"Green and black, queen and priest
Trace of rouge, face of beast, faces"
"Take your turn, take a ride
On the merry-go-round in an inhuman race"
"Eye of gold, true is false
Who is who?"
"Curl of lip, swirl of gown
Ace of hearts, face of clown, faces!"
"Drink it in, drink it up till you've drowned
In the light, in the sound but who can name the face?"
"Masquerade! Grinning yellows, spinning reds
Masquerade! Take your fill, let the spectacle astound you
Masquerade! Burning glances, turning heads
Masquerade! Stop and stare at the sea of smiles around youMasquerade! Seething shadows breathing lies
Masquerade! You can fool any friend who ever knew you
Masquerade! Leering satyrs, peering eyes
Masquerade! Run and hide, but a face will still pursue you"

"What a night! What a crowd!
Makes you glad
Makes you proud
All the crème, de la crèmeWatching us, watching them
All our fears are in the past
Three months of relief
Of delight, of Elysian peaceAnd we can breathe at last
No more notes, no more ghost
Here's a health, here's a toast
To a prosperous yearTo our friends who are here
And may the splendor never fade
What a blessed release
And what a masquerade."

     Andre, Firmin, Meg, Madame, and Carlotta all sung their parts. In the distance you could hear Christine and Raul sing their parts.

"Think of it, a secret engagement
Look, your future bride, just think of it
But, why is it secret? What have we to hide?
You promised me, no, Raoul, please don't, they'll see
Well then let them see, it's an engagement, not a crimeChristine, what are you afraid of?
Let's not argue
(Let's not argue)
Please pretend
(I can only hope)
You will understand in time
(I'll understand in time)"

"Masquerade! Paper faces on parade
Masquerade! Hide your face so the world will never find you
Masquerade! Every face a different shade
Masquerade! Look around, there's another mask behind youMasquerade! Burning glances, turning heads
Masquerade! Stop and stare at the sea of smiles around you Masquerade!
Grinning yellows, spinning reds
Masquerade! Take your fill, let the spectacle astound you!"

     Everything slowed down and dancers stopped, everyone looked up to the stairs to see the one and only Red Death at the top. The music was dramatic and just like the own songs, what an experience.

     "Why so silent good monsieur's? Did you think That I had left you for good?"
"Have you missed me good monsieur's I have written you an opera. Here I bring the finished score."
"Don Juan Triumphant!"
"Fondest greeting to you all, a few instruction just before rehearsal starts."
"Carlotta must be taught to act, no more strutting round the stage."
Erik tussled Carlotta's feathers on her head and continued.
"Our Don Juan must lose some weight,"
Erik pokes Piangi's stomach,
"Its not healthy, for a man of Piangi's age."
     "And our managers must learn, their place is in an office! not the arts."
     "as for our star, miss Christine Daae. No doubt she'll do her best, Its true her voice is good, she knows no, should she wish to excel, she has much still to learn, if pride would let her return to me, her teacher, her teacher."

     Christine and Erik then advance towards another but when they are a half a foot apart Erik grabs Chris' Engagement ring off of her neck

     "Your chains are still mine! You belong to me!"

     Erik rushes up the stairs and throws a smoke bomb to disappear into the whole in the floor, the scene all to familiar. Everyone is shocked and hurries around to gather themselves. I just stand there and watch as most people push and jostle me around. Raul jumps into the hole after him with his sword bared. The Meg grabs my arm and ushers me out of the room, up to the safety of our rooms.

     "Kathy Are you alright?" Meg frantically asks when we are sat down on her bed.
     "Of course Meg, thank you." I respond and stand up. "Now, I must leave, It might be safer if we split up." I lie to her, I just wanted to get down to Erik.
     "No! Kathy that's the worst thing to do!" she says and pulls me back down.
     "Don't worry Meg," I pat her hands holding my arms, "I'll be alright."
     She sighs, "You better be." she lets me go and I leave her room.

     I rush to my room, grab my cloak and rush back to the closet, where I enter into  Erik's lair.

"Erik, Love!" I call out and sigh when I recieve no response, he's probably not back yet, I dont feel his presence here.

"Love never dies" I sang softly, it just popped into mind, and walked into the foyer
"Love never falters,once it has spoken, love is yours." I know Love never Dies gets a lot of hate for its ecstatic story line but you cant agrue that the music is bad. Andrew Lloyd Webber is so great at music its hard not to love all of his songs. Even if they have a terrible, deppressing, story line. The thought of the sad ending made me tear up and I grasped onto the wall to support my self.
"Love never fades, love never alters. Hearts may get broken, love and yours."
A few silent tears escape my eyes and I mentally scold myself for crying once gain over this song and the memories it holds.
"Hearts may get broken, love and yours."
I quickly gather myself and wipe my face free from any tears, then I forget of everything that just happened.
"Erik!" I exclaim as I see him enter his prison of darkness angerly. He takes the ring in his hands and flings it at the wall.
"Ange, leave before I hurt you, I am dangerous right now, if you dare to interfere. Who knows what I would do to you?" Erik whispers the last sentences and My nose scrunches up.
"I'm afraid you may be right, mon ange I will come back later, please calm yourself, maybe practice your songs?" I calmly says and scurry over to the ring and pick it up.
He scoffs, "You think that I have to practice my songs?"
I hold the ring in my palm and face him. "No, love, I only think that it would help you calm yourself." I genuinlly step back of fear. But I scold myself, you shouldnt be afraid of him! You know he is only venting his anger out somewhere!
He glares at me, "Katherina, how dare you come down here to help me, help me through this living hell?" He pauses, his inner battle taking over and he forgets somethings, "How dare you call me a friend! I never asked for one and I never wanted one!"
My temper flares I admit. "You dont have the choice to have friends or not! You should be grateful for all I've done for you!" I raise my voice and immediantly regret it.
"Grateful for bothering me all day!" He yells and stares me down.
"I have been nothing but kind!" I exclaim.
He grabs my wrist with great force, "Leave. now." He seethes and pushes me away.
Before I could catch myself I fall on the floor and quickly stand and run, I didnt want to run.
"Love never dies..."