No.05

My world is beautiful. Stunning. Everything I see is in blinding colour. There is literally never a dull moment, never a dull day. No dull blue sky or a dull grassy field. I only ever know of blazing yellow sunsets, colours streaming across the sky, oranges, pinks, purples. And I know bright red poppies, vibrant purple passionflowers. It is so beautiful, the world around me was constantly shining, constantly giving me something new and wonderful to look at, constantly trying to draw my attention, and, I never noticed. I never once stood still long enough to just stand there and take in the glory of the world I was so very lucky to live in. I never once stopped to appreciate the way a river looked, bending through the landscape of the world, encapsulating the beauty of sunset that was reflected so peacefully on the waters rippling surface, shattering the image to beyond perfection. I never once stopped to admire flowers in a field, to drink in every colour that the world was so clever to produce. I never once looked around at the world, this stunning planet, this world that is so utterly broken but so breathtakingly beautiful. A world so full of colour it hurts to think of it, it hurts to hear how blue the sky is, how white the sand is and how green the grass is. I never once stopped and looked, and never once did I care. And now? Now I look. Now I care beyond measure; because now when I stop to look at flowers in a field, I have to imagine them with colour. I have to imagine that the grass that surrounds them is green, that the tulips are yellow and the poppies red. I have to look around this world at everything and imagine every single colour there is and then decide on a colour to paint it with in my mind, all because I never looked before, all because I never cared before, and now I am punished. I have been lost of the right to see this world as it is because I ever once did, I never once appreciated it and now I am forced to live my life in varying degrees of black and white.