Roy Harper - Red Arrow Pt. 3

(Part 3 Of 3)
What It Means To Me

You sit on your couch smiling at your card. It's a Justice League Membership Card.
It was a long time coming, years in fact, but it was well worth the effort, you've been a member for quite a while, but you vividly remember the day you got it. You really turned around the dynamic of your work, it was difficult, but you had really good, supportive help.

"(Y/n)!" Speak of the devil, you hear him come in from your window. You live in a much nicer bigger apartment now, but for some reason, that's still kind of the thing you guys do.
"Hey Red." He somehow manages two of the monkeys on his back, while the rest follow.

Kids have come and gone through the years, but Red's always helped, always been there. He's also surprisingly good with kids.
"You know you shouldn't be doing that, it's dangerous." I tell him as I get up, shove my card in my pocket, and walk over to the window.
"They love the fire escape and the roof (y/n). You can't keep the cooped up in this pretty apartment their whole childhood." The kids disburse within the apartment upon entering through the window until it's just the two of you.
"They go out into the world." You argue.
"Other than school." Okay, I may be a bit protective.
"They... still... do, of course." Roy starts laughing sitting in the low windowsill, and you glare slightly.

"Hey." He grabs you with one arm by the waist, pulling you in, and leans his head which is currently at your stomach level on you, still slightly laughing. "You know you make a great mother running this obscure daycare of yours."
"I better be, we're going to be taking care of another baby." You huff and lay your hand on his shoulder and the other starts stroking his red hair.
"Who's the new child?" He asks.
"I don't know them yet."
"Really? You know their name? And how do you know of them?"
"Well, that's going to up to us to decide, I found out about them from a pregnancy test."

"Hmm..." he hums. "Wait? What?" He abruptly looks up to your face for clarification.
"Don't be dense Red." He continues to stare at you for a moment which started to worry you. "Are you okay with this Roy?" You move the hand that is on his head, to his cheek. "...Roy?"
He suddenly wraps both his arms round you and pulls you into an embrace burying his head into your stomach.
"So, you are okay with having a baby?" You now start asking if for clarification.
"(Y/n), of course." He turns his head to the side, and his ears still firmly pressed against you as if he is trying to listen for the baby already. "You have no idea what this means to me." He adds.
"No, but I don't think it's far off from what it means to me."

"Hey Red?" You say after a short while of you just holding each other.
"Yes?"
"Thank you."
"For what?" He looks up again.
"This new life. And this one." You put your hand over your stomach. "You were right Red. You've helped me so much."
"I can't think of you doing anything else."
He gets you to lean down and he starts kissing you. He ran his hands up and down your sides and back before you pulled away and look at the time.

"We don't have time to play Red, we have people waiting. But you know you're only allowed to help with this." He stands up.
"Not going to be your sidekick on this. Even if you're the only one that knows what's going on."

Extra:
(Young Justice is brought to you by Greg Weisman, "Should I be concerned over the obvious delight out daughter takes in the ultra violence?" Red Arrow S2E6 Bloodlines)