Garfield Logan - Beast Boy Pt. 2

(Part 2 of 3)
Stuck in a Dream

"Does it hurt?"

"Of course..."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's my fault. You just have to wake up."

"Garfield, I can't."

"What do you mean? Of course you can, you're not in a coma. He said you were just unconscious."

"Gar..."

"(Y/n)! You have to come back! I need you to come back."

"I don't know how. Garfield Logan..."

------

"Best Boy." He looks up to see Nightwing. "We have to go now." He says with his hand on Gar's shoulder.
"Why won't she wake up?"
"Zatanna says she's stuck." Nightwing answers.
"What? Stuck how?"

"Well, (y/n)'s not trained in her powers. She accidentally put her mom and others in comas, and when she tried training with Miss Martian, (y/n) knocked her out cold more often than not, to be quite frank. Zatanna says she's gotten herself in someone else's dreams using her powers, but she doesn't know how to come out." He tries to explain. "If this isn't fixed soon, they think she'll slip into a coma herself."

"What! No! No way!"
"I know you two have become really good friends recently, but..."
"But what?!?!"
"We don't know much about (y/n)'s powers or how they work, we don't have a failsafe." Bart just stares a Nightwing waiting for him to continue. "Beast Boy, Garfield. We can't help her. She has to do this on her own."
"But if she doesn't know how, she can't do it on her own! Where's M'gann?"
"Knocked out from her last attempt at training. We know she'll wake up soon, but we don't know how soon that is if she is to help (y/n)."
"What about Martian Manhunter."
"We've been made aware M'gann is a much stronger telepath, and he won't be back from his trip to mars for another 2 weeks or so."

"We can't just do nothing? No way! Not after-"
"This isn't going to change the fact we can't do anything for her." Nightwing says in his pretty calm/aggressive/lecturing but not yelling/demanding/'listen to me kid', voice. "There's just nothing we can do. I know it's hard to accept and understand after your mom, but these are the facts."

Garfield stays quiet for a moment before asking another question. This time calmly.
"How can she be stuck in someone's dreams when their awake?"
"I remember (y/n) once told me 'dreams are not part of the brain, but are part of the mind that has a person's wishes, fears and imagination tucked away.' Which had us thinking her powers are a type of telepathy that is more concentrated dreams."

"I need to sleep." Gar says.
"It is getting pretty late. That's a good idea Garfield."

------

"(Y/n)."
"Oh, hey Gar." He finds you on the green couches of the cave living room before it blew up. "I'm going to help you back, Nightwing says it's a telepathy thing."
"You're not telepathic Garfield."
"Yeah, but this is my mind, my dreams, my fears, my imagination. It may be tucked away, but I still know it. Well, I gotta know some of it, right?"

"Gar, I'm still scared..." You stand up off the couch. "I'm... still worried I could hurt you, or others."
"Controlling telepathy is about concentration and focus isn't it?" Garfield comes over to you and holds your hand and smiles. You're getting use to his touch and starting to like the warm feeling. It's beginning to make you feel safe instead of anxious. "Focus on me (y/n). You can count on me this time. I'm here for you, so follow me, got it?"