Chapter 6: Old Companions

Ever since the Carlos confrontation happened, the red haired jerk had been giving me glares everywhere we bump into each other. I had enough of his bull but I tried REALLY hard not to acknowledge his pissy and prickly attitude everytime he was around my eyesight.

Chris noticed about Carlos being rude from the distance and asked me whether he should talk to the red-flame-boy to leave me alone but I told Chris not to bother with Carlos since he's only stirring for trouble.

I didn't know why he believed so much about how I want to be Prince Fred's partner and bullied Angelina for it when in reality, I didn't even speak to the Crown Prince ever since...ever. Prince Fred was minding his own business and so was I. I rarely meet the capture targets or deal with people who were involved heavily in the main plot so I shouldn't deserve this much of piss attitude from Carlos.

Perhaps this was the consequence of saving Angelina but I really hate to think about that saving anyone from  bullying is wrong.

I wanted to keep focusing on my own condition. I've been researching some theories and correlation between mind and soul with dimension or transmigration theory. Even though the school library is quite vast with hundreds of books, I can't seem to find the answers I needed. Not to mention to keep this research undercover because I wouldn't want to involve anyone with my condition. They will freak out if I tell them that I'm a foreigner from another universe and is currently taking over an innocent girl's body out of nowhere.

I had to be careful.

So my school days passes with me trying to get through lessons and assignments, Carlos annoying attitude and continue with the research on how I can get back to my own world.

With all these burden on my shoulders, my body decided that I was not strong enough to keep up with everything and attacked me with fatigue. Thus entered the day I attend school with slight fever and mild headache to get me through the day.

"Anna, I think you should visit the hospital wing. You look unwell and I'm afraid you'll pass out soon." My potion partner, Katy, commented after I sneezed into my handkerchief for the 100th time of the day.

It was only midday that I honestly felt like crap. We were having potion class where we had to brew a solar potion where the liquid can lit up when used properly, however my health condition was getting in the way of brewing Solar potion with care. Just when I was about to get through the class, my eyes were getting teary and my nose started running bad.

Katy Cameron, a classmate of mine who turned to be my partner in the potion class, stated that I should be heading to the hospital wing. She looked up from the cauldron with worried green eyes and frowned. "Do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head as I blew my disgusting snot into my magical self-cleaned handkerchief (Man, magic is so convenient in these situations). "As much as I feel terrible right now I really don't want to go."

Katy frowned deeper. "But you're clearly sick and your condition is getting worse." She replied. "I'm sure the healer from the hospital wing has some healing potion to help you feel better."

Rationally, my condition is not pretty bad but if I keep up denying my weak body then I'll possibly pass out soon so I should really get going to the hospital wing but on the other hand my stubborn self won't admit that I'm this weak to be able to support myself through the day.

But I knew I had to cut my crap and just get some healing potions to feel better.

"Okay. I'll go. After this." I replied while whisking the cauldron with careful movements but Katy shook her head and took the stirring spoon away from me.