Chapter 19: His Comfort

Through my teary eyes, I almost stumbled on my own feet when I saw the familiar blond locks and violet eyes from the distance.

"Your highness..." surprised by his sudden appearance and knowing the disrespectful state I was in, I quickly looked to the side and wiped my tears. With a bow, I greeted the prince. "G-good evening, prince Fred."

His footsteps didn't falter, especially when he came to an abrupt stop before me and looked down at me worriedly. His eyes lowered, an expression field with grief that I was caught off guard by such emotion shown on his face. "I wanted to see how you were doing. You had me worried sick during the ritual earlier. Were you in any pain?"

I shook my head. "No, your highness. The wizards cleared me earlier stating I was fine however..." I trailed off', remembering Angelina's condition.

Prince Fred also frowned. "I heard that she had been treated right away, so I'm sure she will be fine. The deities has been kind on you to spare you from pain."

On those words, I turned speechless. No words were able to form on my lips as the words stuck in the edge of my throat.

It wasn't supposed to be me

I should have not been the Saintess

Was it truly my fault that it changes?

In the brief tensed silence between us, my hands were suddenly held by the prince. I looked down to our interlocked hands and then back at him with a bewildered expression.

"What -" the words barely whispered out of my lips as prince Fred tightened his hold and held a determined expression in his eyes.

"Stop thinking about it. You need to rest." He spoke before he pulled me along with him towards another direction and all I wasn't able to step back away from him as he kept pulling.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

The prince merely replied, "Somewhere close. I promise you'll feel better."

With a firm grip of our hands, there were a million of questions running in my head to what prince Fred was doing. Nonetheless, it had been a long day and long hours ceremonial things happening - my fatigue came over and wash me easily so I didn't had that much strength in asking him what was going on and where he was taking me.

As he pulled me along the dimly lit corridor of the royal palace, I could hear the faint crowd and music from the distance from the royal banquet was held a few miles away from us, began to gradually sound fainter as prince Fred pulled me further away from it. Where is he taking me? I wondered loudly in my head but I was also shocked that I didn't get the strength to pull my hand away from him.

We passed by long hallways, rooms of grand doors and several guards moved away from our path when they saw us walking through before stepping aside and giving a respectful bow as we passes by. Finally, in an adjacent building a little further away from the party, prince Fred brought me to a room, guarded by two knights in front of the door.

"Have one of the servants bring in food for the Saintess and powered potions as well." The prince ordered at one of the knights before they walked to do their duty.

Still in a haze, prince Fred only pulled me inside the room further, revealing a space where it is most common to a private quarters. The marbled walls and floor was covered with draped carpets and a fireplace lit bright enough for the entire room to be visible. There were books lined across the bookcase against the wall, paintings of ships and ocean, a long table overcrowded with maps, scrolls and papers.

I have a feeling that this could be one of the royal families' private room.

"Please, sit." The prince placed me on one of the big sofa near the fireplace and instantly the warmth welcoming me against it. Fred briefly let go of our hands before he took a nearby overgrown cloak and placed it around my shoulders.