Chapter 3: Facing the Truth?

Ever since I woke up, the doctor told me that due to the heavy blow on my head - the injury caused me some sort of amnesia. Retrograde Amnesia, I was diagnosed as such after doing several tests from the doctor who visits my room along with my parents. It seems that my parents were wealthy enough to call private doctors to do treatments at home.

It feels weird, suddenly waking up in a new body and such a different world. My parents looked like Westerners but their hair color is simply not natural and so does the people who takes care of the house. I was surprised to see several caretakers who came into my room to prepare my meals and medicine to have such vibrant hair colors and odd looking colored eyes.

But truly, it feels too real to be a dream. When the doctor gave me medicine shots felt real, when I fell to the floor was also real, also bathroom business? Also real.

I didn't know how in the world I got into this position. Reincarnation, I've heard about it but...is this what you call transmigration? I woke up in a 15 year old body. A foreigner. And the host original body had also lost her memories.

What happened to Anastasia Frost, the original host body that I'm currently residing in, had a major accident during her private course of archery practice in the woods and for some reason, she was left alone unattended when a wild bear came over and attacked her due to her passing its territory by accident. She was running for her life when she accidentally slipped off at the edge of a cliff and fell down to the low ground, hitting her head against a rock and causing her to be unconscious for several days.

I lost her past memories and I don't know how to handle this situation. Maybe the way to get back to my original world could be through soul switch or something? I wasn't sure.

I already cried for the loss of my original home, my father, my mother, even that stupid brother of mine. Also my friends, my boring school life, Miyoko.

Wait...the dream I had previously. Was that a vision?

Ah I don't know!

There could be possibilities that I can't go back to my original world to my previous self. It feels like I was the one who just disappeared out of nowhere and appeared in this strange world. An alien who just lost everything in their life. The feeling was dreadful and frustrating.

I couldn't sleep or eat properly because of it. I know I needed to accept the reality and think of a way to escape this universe, but right now I feel so powerless and lonely. Am I the only one who got into this situation? Was there anyone else who was like me too?

"Anna, please don't be hard on yourself. You don't have to force yourself to remember. The doctor said to take it slowly to heal." My mother soothing voice entered. It feels so weird to be in this foreign body.

Anna's parents are suddenly my parents too but besides from that, why do I feel like I recognize Anna at all? Like there was something important about Anna that I remember before I got here.

What was it?

I groaned when the pounding in my head appeared and disappeared in an instant. What a weird feeling.

"Okay, mom. Sorry for making you worry." I said as I make myself comfortable on the sofa I sat.

Currently, I was taking my time to look at Anna's family pictures from when she was baby to see if I can trigger Anna's memories in my brain. But it had been hours and loads of pictures and not a single strip of Anna's past appeared in my brain but a headache appeared instead.

Hey - Anna! You gotta get back to this body so I can go home!

I sighed tiredly as I placed a photo back to the album on the table. "This is not working..."