Chapter 7: A Different Take

Perhaps it was due to my actions that things had been different from the main story I expected to play out. After I met Prince Fred from the hospital wing, our friendship had turned out...different than I expected. Prince Frederick would greet me every time we bump into each other or when he was around me. Whether it was in the hallways, cafeteria or any where - he never threw away the chance to say his mind whenever he saw me.

And because of our sudden "friendliness" to each other in public, the student population grew curios about our friendship - which includes his Prince Frederick fanbase that started to indulge in questions that I'd rather not answer.

"Were you really childhood friends?"

"How did you become his friends when you were little?"

"Are you really his highness childhood friends?"

"What was he like when he was little?"

I was glad that none of the girls had threatened me for being his friend or something but I do feel some resentment when their eyes glint with maliciousness and jealousy.

'Sorry girls but I'm not interested with the precious Crown Prince'.

I continued my school days normally. Attending classes, doing my homework and I didn't push myself this time for my research so I don't get sick again.

But I forgot for a moment that I was in an alternate universe where this centres on a love story because the heroine's name one day bumped as the main hot topic of the student population.

"Did you hear that a commoner girl called Angelina de Rose is currently being chased by the most popular guys in this school?"

No, I really don't know and I don't want to know.

I slip my way through the gossiping girls in the hallways and head towards the library. It was currently free period hour and I used this chance to do more research in the library.

I visited the library quite often so it didn't really surprise the library staff to see me grabbing bunch of books and bury my head in the tower of books for hours. Just like any other day, I grabbed the books I wanted to read and secluded myself in the corner of the library where I usually sit.

The place was quite far from where most students sit. There was a small seating area near a large window in one of the corners of the library where good sungliht shone through the window. Although there isn't any table, the corner looked comfortable for my back to lean against to. I took my time to get comfortable and started reading a book about "Old Magick of Dimensions".

Perhaps because I'm usually serious about my reading that I rarely notice what was going on around me. A sudden shadow covered the sunlight to my book from the side and I looked up in confusion to who was trying to block my natural light on reading.

A boy with messy dark blue hair and dark green eyes, covered by his front bangs, looked at me with a sour look as he uncomfortably stood in front of me with an expression I couldn't decipher.

Seeing him fidgeting like that made it really noisy even though he wasn't making any sounds but his actions was a little odd.

"Can I help you?" I asked softly with inside voice, since we're in the library, it's important to be mindful of my tone in speaking.

The boy jumped out from his thoughts and staggered a little from his spot before he moved closer and lowered his knees until we were eye to eye. "Sorry...um...for intruding your time...but are you Anastasia Frost?"

"Yes, I'm Anastasia Frost but could you tell me who you are and what is your business with me?" I asked back. It was odd to see strangers coming up to me asking for my name since most people just ignored me or the fact that I was his highness childhood friend.