Chapter 12: Inner Crisis

The pre-ceremony was exactly on three days.

Since I did so much research regarding to the Saintness history, I didn't feel like the pre-ceremony didn't require previous knowledge to prepare for anyways. Angelina seems like she knows what she has to do though judging by how calm she looks the passing days. I'm pretty much sure that she had some revelation from her dreams or something.

Not like much would change anyways, she'll be the chosen maiden instead of me. The pre-ceremony would be just a waste of time but since it's mandatory and the Minister of magic as well as the King himself wanted to go on safe by the prophecy, the pre-ceremony must be done first before anything else.

Do you know the feeling when you're about to have a test in a few hours knowing that you gain no knowledge of studying the right materials for it?

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel.

So feeling like I give up on putting more effort for the preparation, I spend my days chilling. On how exactly I came to face with my family about this situation, my parents had only grim expressions on their faces before they put on a tight smile saying that I should do my best and just be mentally ready.

Father was exceptionally stiff about it though. I thought he would be happy to know that I was a possible candidate but it didn't seem like he was happy about it. So does mother. She would give me sad smiles and rub my head gently while she embraces me from the side.

"If it's too much for you to bear, then you should speak to us as soon as possible." Mother says as she brushes my hair as helps me prepare for bed time. It was quite often that she brushes my hair before I sleep when Anna was younger, but perhaps with the new prophecy came out she feels a little jittery about me being spoken.

"It's okay, mother. I don't believe I'll be chosen in the end." I clarified.

The hairbrush on the tip of my hair stops before mother sighed heavily and hugged me from the back. "My darling...for you to be safe and healthy is already what we need."

The gentle grip from her loving care almost brought the tears to prick at the edge of my eyes. Such love Anna recieves from her family. It was nice and warm. I could tell how much Anna is treasured.

"I'll be fine, mother. I promise."

Mother kissed the side of my head. "I know that you will but I just wish...you could just stay like this in my arms without having to bear such responsibilities. It hurts my heart to think of you being in any danger in the future."

I sense that there was something else beneath her worries that signs me of the dangers of being called as the Saintess. My mother knew that it was an honorable duty but also incredibly dangerous as well. To fight against the dark and heavy magic to cleanse the land of impurities - it is not exactly easy.

But I'm sure Angelina can do it. With her personality and power, I'm sure she'll be able to help the Kingdom in time.

But I'm not sure why despite the fact of my confidence in her abilities, there is a dread feeling of falsehood that it won't be the case.

------------------------------------------------------

"You're quite good at wandless magic."

"Thank you, your highness."

The sprinkles of water that rain down from the small fluffy cloud above the plants looked cool (if I say so myself) by the wandless magic I was able to cast on watering the plants for the science club. It was another day of my own duty where I had to shower the plants on my own after lunch time when Prince Fred passes by the greenhouse and joined my watering session.