Chapter 2: Is This For Real?

"Agh....crap. What am I doing to myself?"

Currently I'm waiting for the screen to load on my mobile phone as I decided to play the freaking game Doki-whatever-the-heck-it's-called as I wait for the game to load on the screen.

Miyoko must be so into it that she bought a magazine and illustration book from the game. To which she gave to me after she gave her ID and other stuff for the game, something that was apparently needed to play for. I opened the magazine and read what the game is about and who are the characters presenting in the game.

So the game is set in another universe where there are magic in the modern world. So there are schools that allows you to study magic and the society let you become mage, knights and that sorts of fantasy jobs you get in fictional world.

I opened to the character log for the main character and read her stats and personality stuff. Her name is Angelina de Rose. A beautiful young girl with long blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes. The page said that she has kind and innocent personality and magical talent that enable her to rise ranks in her school even though she was born from a commoner family.

Pretty and naive, huh? Sounds like your typical heroine for otome games. Also why is her character design so gorgeous? Why can't heroines look plain and normal? Why do they have to look like princesses?

Anyways, I moved on to read the capture target characters. All of them have very handsome and charming designs, I was very awed by the art work showed on the pages. The illustrator made it seem like the already-pretty-heroine look plain compared to the male characters.

Hmm...I wonder why.

Anyways, they just look all handsome to me so I didn't bother looking at their stats and personality stuff. I was going to wing this game my way and see if this game is quick to be finished.

"Can't believe I'm playing this sort of game." I looked at the finished loading screen and began to tap and tap on my smartphone to begin my journey in the game.

Tap tap. Tap tap.

"Oops."

Tap tap. Tap tap.

"What? Why?"

Tap tap. Tap tap.

"What the hell...all that mess because you tripped on your own feet?!"

Tap tap. Tap tap. Bump. Tap tap.

"Ugh! Why is there no choice to say words that don't make you sound less intelligent in front of them!"

Tap tap. Tap tap. Bump bump. Tap tap.

"Oh hey, at least the heroine can spot which ones bad or good."

Tap tap. Tap tap.

"Uh....nevermind."

[...]

I was thankful that tomorrow I didn't have school because I passed through the midnight as I continue to play the game. I wasn't able to get into the route of the guy I wanted to get to know more because somehow the villain always appears whenever I try to meet him.

"Gosh...why are you here..."

I yawned tiredly as I continue playing the game. It was really tiring though but I think I managed to get one of the guys I approached to for a date.

"Tired." I yawned as I saved the game before I put my phone away.

It was already passed 2AM in Saturday morning. I turned off small lamp on the bedside table and snuggled myself inside my comfy blanket to sleep.