Chapter 15

"Hi Mr.Sykes its nice to finally meet you superstar!"

"Hey Mr.Walton how are you?

"Oh I'm better now, can I call you Chandler? "

"Yes sir, Yes sir. "

"Ok Chandler let's get down to business. So you know you are the number 1 ranked draft pick in all of Georgia. You are undefeated and your also a team player. We would love for you to come and join our team as a Los Angeles Lakers point guard. We would start you off with a 50 million dollar contract and a signing bonus of 10 million dollars. With you being 18 already it is legally your choice to sign with us. You don't have to give me am answer now because I know you have other things on your plate, but I am looking forward to hearing from you Chandler. I know you have other teams gunning for you but I don't see them beating my offer. I know you have the big game tonight and me and some of the guys will be attending to watch you play. No pressure though Chandler, I know your going to do a hell of a job."

"Thank you sir, and yes I'm going to do my best, this is the last game I get to play in high school and I'm going to definitely make it count. Not only for me but my team mates as well. We all have alot going on this game and were all counting on each other to make this last win. The team we're playing tonight is almost as good as us, but like you say sir, no pressure."

"That's what I like to hear Mr. Sykes! So you then my boy. "

"Yes sir!  See you then."

Man, that was epic, I'm still in shock. The coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, Mr. Luke Walton was just at my house, in my living room, sitting on my parents couch. This has got to be a dream. Somebody pinch me, I'm feeling like the luckiest motherfucker in the world.

I've actually had quite a bit of offers from several different teams, but he's right, no one has beaten his offer yet. I still have 4 more teams to come through, and it isn't just all about the money for me anymore. I also have other things to put into consideration,so i guess may the best man win.

It is now 9:00 a.m and my parents are on their way in from a trip. They hate they couldn't be here to witness this very special moment, but they know I fully understand. Plus I'm a man now, I got this, right?

I have to call and tell my brother, he's not going to believe this man. He can stand to hear some more good news. After Dez had the baby, the babygirl turned out to be my brothers first child. They named her Aubree Denyse Sykes. She is beautiful and I couldn't be any happier for them.  My brother missed her birth because he got locked up 3 months before her birth. He just got out of jail two months ago. He's working on getting himself back together and leaning towards the right path. It's been a hard task for my brother but, I know he's going to make it happen for Aubree, she's the best thing that has ever happened to him.

"What's up bro, what's good? "

"What's up big bro and a lot bro, shit wild fam. "

"Well tell me something good bro, what's the deal man."

"I just got offered a 50 million dollar deal from the Los Angeles Lakers and a 10 million dollar signing bonus bruh. I'm suppose to take a tour of the school next week and the coach and some of the team players will be at the game tonight. I guess it's a surprise because he won't tell me who."

"Damn bro, that's dope as fuck my nigga. I'm proud of you bro, I know you gone kill em out there tonight. Dez, Aubree, and I will be down there a little later to chop it up with you before the game. I know you gone make us all proud, plus you got a hell of  a team back there behind ya. But what you gone do, you going with the Lakers or what? "

"I don't know even know yet bro, but the Lakers are definitely my number one pick right now.

"Have you told moms and pops yet, what about Kayla?"

"Naw, Your actually the first person I told man."

"Aw word, you trying to make a nigga feel special and shit huh? "

We both busted out laughing.

"Man shut the fuck up, you my big bro, you important to me man, you my bigga nigga if you don't ever get no bigga! "

"Whatever bro, lame ass, thanks for including me though Chan, just make sure you make the right decision for you, I'm behind you one hundred percent my nigga."

"Preciate that bro."

"I'll see you later on though for sho I gotta puy Aubree ass on some more clothes, she shitted all up her back and Dez at fucking work."

"Aight bro, handle your business give Aubree a kiss for me, one. "

"Gotcha bro, one."

About an hour later after I got off the phone with Devin my parents made it home. I shared the news with them and they were ecstatic. My mom actually started shouting and praising God in the middle of the living room. My Dad, just had a proud look on his face, I was happy that they were happy. All I ever wanted to do was make my family proud and my girl. I'm saving the best for last which is why I'm telling Kayla after prom. I'm about to go meet up with Chad, Zay, and Josh I can't wait to tell them the news. Them my niggas, and I trust them, if I tell them to keep it between us, they will. A nigga feeling lovely, all my hard work and dedication is finally about to pay off.