but me without you ain't right

happy reading!

-

jennie kim knots her cardigan around her waist while her bomber jacket is folded on top of her aqua blue luggage. she yawns and stretches her limbs once she's settled her things beside where lisa's were. she then hears quiet murmurs of the couple, braced herself for the incoming pain, and proceeded to the kitchen where the source of the noises came from.

"i can't - i have to protect you-"

" i can myself! you just don't believe in me-"

"yeah well remember a month or two ago? your bussed lip? your black eye? your ankle sprain-?"

"yeah but-"

"no. i'm sorry, lali, but no."

jennie continues to listen without their knowledge.

"b-but..." she hears the defeat laced in lisa's voice. "i don't want to hurt her"

rosé sighs. "i know. i don't want you hurt either"

"can we just, i don't know...tell her? COME ON, she deserves that!" lisa tries, it seems to be a repeated claim.

"you do know she deserves someone better...someone that's not you."

who were they talking about? jennie bit her lip with furrowed brows. suddenly everything about this couple is interesting.

"i..." lisa hisses. "i know."

"that's why we should come clean to her. i want to be better for her!"

roseanne laughs at that.

"i think you've done enough damage"

"chaeng...only she has to know. please. i-i want to love her"

what are they talking about?

who are they talking about?

how is rosé so cool with lisa taking an interest in someone else?

who does lisa love?

is it possible to be me?

oh i'm so fucked in the head.

"you weren't so lovesick to jennie months ago..."

pardon?

"i just- i finally realized-"

"to me it seems like you're forcing yourself to love her. did she screw you so good you want to cut this off and let the lions feed on you? it's only a few months left."

"i am not...not...not forcing myself." lisa responds firmly with finality, but the three of them know she's just kidding herself. "you can act better, cookie. you really are forcing yourself."

"why can't i love her again? i used to love her!" the legs of the chair slide away with a harsh creak as lisa rises up from her seat. "she gave me a letter but-!"

"you thought it was from me"

lisa groans. "and you never loved her." rosé clicks her tongue on the roof of her mouth.

"...this is so fucking complicated..."

"and i assure you stay with me so you that won't end up like my dear suzy."

"they'd cut my limbs off," lisa sighed, already surrendering to rosé. the aussie's right, anyway. without her by her side, lisa would have ended with her limbs chopped off or something bloody in a hospital, and nobody wants that.

"you are one slick woman" lisa sniggers. "i dated a quarterback with lots of enemies! yay me!"

"you can never get away from me."

"but really, after graduation, they'd just leave me be? how really good are you fighting them? show me?" lisa giggles at something, probably to chaeyoung who does as requested, showing moves. "they won't follow you in thailand so..."

"are you really sure i'm forcing myself on her?"

jennie heaved a deep sigh as her mind spirals with their supposedly-secret agenda. she heaves a deeper sigh whilst she balled her hands into fists, bangs on the way of her dizzying sight, programming her mind to inhale through her nose and exhale through her mouth with happy thoughts playing in her mind.

she clenches onto nothing and loses her balance, the act not loud enough to knock them out of their conundrum,

"both of you are. and you- you have to stop this nonsense. sometimes i just want to tell them we've broken up because you cheated on me with her...can you just stop hitting on jennie? i know how bad she's been hurting but i have to act like i'm your dumb girlfriend and helping you woo her or shit, is futile because you're hurting her more-!" jennie starts to shake when rosé's hand banged the furniture.

"i'm sorry for hurting you both i...i-i'm trying to fix my mess so please..let's come clean to her..." rosé scoffs then sniggers. "you have the nerve..."

"...to fix your mess with her when you couldn't even with ours...had to pretend we were alright because i couldn't handle knowing you, at any moment, can get hurt because of me..."

"n-not your fault...you don't want it..."

"and then one fine day you ask for my help because you think you could love her right the second time..."

"i'm sorry ch-"

"just because of a stupid confession built from secret meetings of two infidelities,

and then you love her too"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"i-i thought you were alright with-"

"i am, sorry. got carried away...we never worked out anyway. but lali,

you know that's not how it works right?"

"i feel like i have to be good to her somehow. she- jennie- she wants my love so- i should-"

(she wasn't talking about jennie and you!)

"don't you love jennie for jennie? come on..."

"i don't- i'm- i think..."

"you do?"

"oh God," jennie mumbles and leans herself against the wall. she sucks in her breath and chews on her lip. oh God...

"h-her...i don't know," lisa groans and muffles it with the palm of her hands.

jennie sucks her thumb to muffle her sobs, now sitting with her back still against the cold hard wall. every brick she built over the last month came crashing down, over, and over, and over. her heart once again overflowed her system with the river of life, but this time it does not revive her garden of thorn-filled flowers – it rather drowned the withered petals until it finally succumbed to death

i don't know what to do anymore.

"would it break her heart if we tell her or would it heal a little of her wounds?"

you break her soul if you do.

"we wish and hope for the latter, don't you think-?"

"ADIOS AMIGOS! my dear jendeuk why...why..." jisoo rushes to jennie when she sees her shaking on the floor. jennie whimpers and swats her hands away, stands up and fetches her bag to leave the house

"what happened? why are you-"

jennie turns to look at jisoo then at the two pathological liars – "good job! you're not slick enough."

she leaves them dumbstruck as she continues to cry not knowing where to go.