PROLOGUE

-----------

-----------

THE HOT AND HUMID WEATHER OF LOUISIANA WAS ENOUGH FOR AMY TO HAVE HER WINDOWS ROLLED DOWN. Her Impala, her sweetheart was riding through an empty road of Bon Temps as Amy sang in her car with all of her throat open. "Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's doooor!" she yelled out loud, clearly out of tune.

Amy Brennan was an ordinary girl to most of people - she was Bon Temps sweetheart and many young suitors wanted to make her their wife. Even the biggest man whore in the town, Amy's best friends' brother Jason Stackhouse had an eye for Amy but she was off limits. She grew up with Sookie and Jason and considered Jason as her older brother, disappointing the male who wanted nothing more but Amy to be his.

The Bon Temps sweetheart had a weird attraction to vampires who had been public about their existence for about two years. Amy remembered her reaction when she saw the news. Many were scared but Amy was more fascinated alongside with Sookie.

Nevertheless, Bon Temps seemed to have zero vampires so it still continued to be a boring town that Amy loved. Amy had Sookie and Tara ever since she could barely speak and that was enough.

The girl was driving to her job. She alongside Sookie and Arlene was a waitress at the only grill and bar that Sam Merlotte owned. Amy was incredibly thankful when Sam took her in and let her have this job ever since her dad kicked her out of the house for not getting into college.

That wasn't what Amy wanted - she wanted to have a fun and free life and not sit in a university. And seeing that vampires existed that seemed fun enough for a curious nature of Amy. She studied books written about them but there weren't much of them so Amy wished for a vampire to come to Bon Temps for once.

And soon her prayers would be answered.

Merlotte's bar was not far away as Amy noticed a tall figure standing by the side of the road. It was dark meaning vampires were free to roam around. She lowered the sound of the radio and decided to park her car on the side of the road.

The tall and lean figure turned her way when she rolled another window down and smiled at the man widely, her southern charm shining through. "Hey there."

"Hi," the male nodded his head, his accent much different from hers. Amy took a look at him. He had dark hair and many tattoos on his body as his underlined eyes stared at her brown Bambi ones. "Mind giving me a lift?"

Amy then nodded her head excitedly and let him get in. The man smirked and five minutes later they were driving. Amy took a turn as the man stared at her hungrily. "So... Where should I let you off?" Amy asked him, not a bit fazed by his vicious gaze.

"You're really naive," he then commented as his dark eyes went down to her pulsing neck. He could practically smell her blood and groaned lowly causing Amy to widen her eyes a little. "You should be more careful with who you take in."

Instead of a scared look, Amy gasped and turned to the now confused vampire. Her brown eyes sparkled in the dark. "Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed as she took her eyes back on the road. "A vampire in Bon Temps?! I must be dreamin'!"

The vampire wanted to laugh at her weird fascination but he was too hungry to do so. "I'm just going to Fangtasia. You're my meal on the way."

Amy's smile disappeared so he smirked. Some vampires loved to scare their victims but what Amy said next shocked him once again. "How rude, mister!" she exclaimed angrily like a scolding mother. The vampire leaned back in his seat and stared at her. "Here I am giving you a lift, wasting my gas and you want to feed from me! And you're the first vampire I met!"

The vampire then rolled his eyes and decided to play his mind tricks on her. "Look at me," he ordered so she glanced at him. He smirked and then stared deep into her eyes. Amy parked her car on the side of the road.

Amy had read enough information on her old computer to know what he was doing. "Oh, no, mister!" she then closed her eyes shut, her hand in her jacket pocket as she searched for her silver ring. "I know plenty not to look you in the eye!"

"Oh fuck me, seriously," the man then extended his fangs and prepared to grab her but she took her ring out and put it to his eye, burning it immensely as he yelled.

Pulling away, the vampire screamed as his eye melted from the silver ring. "You, bitch!"

Amy quickly got out of the car and ran around before she opened the door and threw him down as he tried to take the remaining part of his eye out, clearly in pain. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry," Amy apologized with a deep frown. "I really thought we could be friends but friends don't eat their friends."

"I'm gonna tear you apart!" the vampire was on his knees as Amy clicked her tongue.

"Sookie so won't believe me," she mused under her breath and then closed the passenger seat door before rushing back into the car. "I'm sorry again!"

"Screw you, you crazy bitch!"

Amy then sped off with an overwhelmed face as she looked at her watch. "F word! I'm late," she told herself and then put the volume of the radio back up.

Amy Brennan wasn't an ordinary girl at all.

Vote, read, comment.