TWELVE

-----------

-----------

AMY COULDN'T UNDERSTAND SOOKIE THE NEXT EVENING THEY WERE WORKING THEIR SHIFT. The girl who had just buried her grandmother seemed to be in a mood she hadn't been in forever. The scarf she wore around her neck kind of gave away what might have happened to Sookie but Amy was too busy to ask.

She had to work half of her shift and then go to Fangtasia to start writing. Amy was thinking of ways how to tell Sam or at least lie as she passed the bar and tended to her tables.

Amy was reading an order from a woman when suddenly she felt a smack on her butt and turned around to see the three rednecks of Bon Temps - Royce, Wayne and Chuck whom she loathed for their immature acting. "Hey, cut it off," Sam sneered upon seeing Royce do that to Amy.

"Sam, I've got this," Amy said angrily as she shot glared daggers at the three smirking men. "Touch me again, boy, and I will see it to myself to cut you in half."

"I'm so scared," the redneck laughed mockingly so Amy used her empty tray to turn around and kick him in the balls with it as he stumbled a little in pain.

Amy smirked and walked away leaving Sam to nod with a small grin. Amy approached the kitchen window and put the order on the board as Lafayette stood on the other side of the order table with a big scowl. "You want me to give them piss instead of beer?" he questioned curiously as Amy shook her head.

"Oh my, no," she said quickly. "I don't mean bad to others because I don't want them to mean bad to me."

Lafayette pursed his lips and shook his head. "Your optimism will bring me death one day."

"I'll make sure it doesn't," Amy turned to walk away to another table with their food when she almost bumped into Sookie. "You are gonna have a talk with me. Soon!"

Amy then walked away as Sookie chuckled softly. She continued to work until Royce suddenly dropped his spook on the floor and rose up while swearing.

Amy covered her ears from his nasty mouth and smiled at Sookie before seeing Sam approach her. Amy saw Sam rip the green scarf from Sookie's neck, exposing her fang marks. "Hey, you keep your hands to yourself, Sam Merlotte!" Sookie shouted as she hit him with her open hand and pushed him off. "You have no right to touch me!"

Amy thought that Sookie shouldn't have hid it anyway. Only a fool wouldn't understand that she was fed off of by Bill. "You're a damn fool, you know that?" Sam told her angrily.

Everyone started to look at Sam and Sookie as the female suddenly snapped. "What I do on my own time is no concern of yours... or any of y'alls. Yes! I had sex with Bill, and since every one of y'all's too chicken to ask, it was great!"